Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Trading Operations Engineer, Need Scripting and SQL, Chicago, IL
We are seeking a motivated Trading Operations Engineer with technical aptitude and market awareness to support the operation of an automated trading system in Chicago. The qualified Trading Operations Engineer will be supporting U.S. trading hours. This is a 100% onsite position. Company Will Sponsor Visas!
– Perform daily procedures relevant to the trading system for equity and futures markets.
– Monitor and evaluate system status continuously to ensure smooth operations.
– Monitor and spot-check trades and displayed system values in real time.
– Step in and manage the trading system when limited staffing requires it.
– Deal with trading exceptions, such as unacknowledged orders or broken trades.
– Facilitate change management and ensure that new software and hardware function as intended.
– Identify and respond to system incidents, perform troubleshooting procedures, and escalate as necessary.
– Participate in follow-on investigation for root cause analysis of identified issues.
– Adjust for and respond to corporate action related events.
– Work with colleagues to identify and develop opportunities to enhance and improve trading system procedures.
– Add, maintain, and ensure integrity of trading system parameterization data.
– Enhance and further automate existing processes by writing scripts with accompanying reports.
– Create and maintain documentation of trading-related procedures.
– Should know how a portfolio is organized and hedged.
– Should possess an understanding of investment portfolio management and monitoring exposure.
– Should know what a Corporate Action is and be able to adjust for and respond to Corporate Action related events.
– Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical discipline.
– At least 2 years relevant work experience.
– Knowledge of markets and trading.
– Proficient with UNIX/Linux and Windows.
– Proficiency in a programming language. Knowledge of Python, Ruby, and Perl is a plus.
– Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) to interact with database tables.
– Detail-oriented and well-organized.
– Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
– Able to exercise sound judgment when solving or escalating problems.
– Able to work independently.
– Series 7 or 57 preferred (The successful candidate will be required to pass the Series 57 exam if not previously obtained).
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Trading Operations Engineer, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Perl, Python, Ruby, SQL, Scripting, Series 57, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Trading Operations Engineers candidate for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC