Next Step Systems
Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technician, Boston, MA
We are looking for a Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technician to join the team. This position is a hybrid role working at least 3 days per week onsite in the Boston office. You may work from home up to 2 days per week. Help desk shifts are Monday through Friday. Hours may shift to help cover vacations and other special circumstances. 7am to 3:30pm; 8am to 4pm; 8:30am to 5pm; 9:30am to 6pm.
– Provide warm, knowledgeable customer support and service for applications, desktops, servers, and network devices.
– Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, advising on appropriate actions, and resolving issues.
– Handle service requests for technical assistance via phone and email.
– Follow, update, and maintain Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge bank.
– Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks).
– Attend monthly Help Desk Team meetings and quarterly staff meetings.
– 3+ years of experience in IT support roles and/or 2-4 years of formal IT training; experience working at an MSP is a plus.
– Advanced PC/desktop expertise and basic server knowledge.
– Demonstrated ability to manage network devices and familiarity with server roles (including Active Directory).
– Knowledge of PowerShell and administration of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 environments.
– Strong experience with Microsoft including MS Office, Microsoft 365, Active Directory; Microsoft certification is a plus.
– Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues (experience with ConnectWise and/or Kaseya is a plus).
– Aptitude for balancing technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation.
– Good time management skills.
– Industry certifications such as Network+, Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Keywords: Boston MA Jobs, Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technician, Network, Active Directory, Windows, PowerShell, Microsoft Office 365, PC, Desktop, Support, Networking, Massachusetts Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Massachusetts Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Boston, MA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technicians for jobs in Boston, Massachusetts and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.