Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Technical Support Team Manager, Need Linux and MSP Experience, Des Plaines, IL
For this Technical Support Team Manager position, Managed Services Provider and Linux experience is required.
This is a Hybrid opportunity with some Onsite and some Remote in Des Plaines, IL required.
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Manager to champion the front line support team, to continuously develop the team by training, lead by example, coach and inspire, hire and promote, and ensure continued success for our end users. Because of the nature of this role, we are looking for someone with the appropriate technical background and managerial skill set. You are expected to lead by example and have the ability to tackle technical issues and serve as an escalation point if necessary. Your job is to ensure that your team is trained so your time is not spent on personally troubleshooting technical issues.
Besides Linux knowledge, we are looking for strong management skills. Experience with coaching, scheduling , organizing work tasks, hiring, firing and training. Experience working with and overseeing a project ticketing system and being able to measure and assess the team’s activity etc.
– Manage a technical support team servicing Linux-based hosting environments, including, Shared, Virtual Private (VPS), and Dedicated Servers, Data center environment deployments, and AWS and Digital Ocean public cloud deployments.
– Recruit, hire, promote, train, mentor, and develop the Support Team members.
– Monitor all aspects of customer interactions to ensure an excellent user experience.
– Mentor and coach team members in technical and other aspects to enhance professionalism.
– Build and maintain internal and customer-facing knowledge base documentation.
– Work with the company’s technology steering committee to ensure excellence in hosting.
– Maintain a culture of transparency, honesty, and learning.
– Provide the kind of high-quality service that you can recommend to friends and family.
– 5-10+ year experience in customer support/service.
– Deep Understanding of GNU/Linux hosting platforms including Virtualization and Networking.
– Managed Services Provider (MSP) experience is required.
– Experience building tools with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and PHP.
– Extra credit if experienced in maintaining SLA in public cloud such as AWS and Digital Ocean.
– Experience successfully managing teams.
– Demonstration of independent thinking and decision-making abilities.
– Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
– Ability to prioritize work and work within a project management system.
– Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
– Positive personality.
Keywords: Des Plaines IL Jobs, Technical Support Team Manager, Linux, GNU, Virtualization, Networking, Python, Bash, PHP, Customer Support, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Data Center, AWS, Digital Ocean, Cloud, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Des Plaines, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Technical Support Team Managers for jobs Des Plaines, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC