Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Technical Support Representative, Need Linux and MSP Experience, 3rd Shift – Work From Home
Managed Services Provider and Linux experience is required for this Technical Support Representative position.
We need someone that is willing to work 1 weekend day (not necessarily both). Also, someone that understands that support is 24/7. This is a 100% Remote opportunity.
– Provide technical support for customers via phone, ticket system or messenger.
– Provide support in a wide range of advanced Linux and AWS server management issues.
– Use critical thinking skills to identify and resolve technical problems.
– Maintain effective communication with internal and external channels.
– Provide short-term resolutions and develop preventative measures for the longer term.
– Monitor server alerts for any performance issues and address them appropriately.
– Help create internal documentation as well as customer facing knowledge base.
– Assist in onboarding, training and mentoring new team members.
– Keep up to date with relevant technologies.
– 1+ years of experience in customer service/technical support via phone or ticketing system.
– Experience as System Administrator, or End User of a Linux Operating System. OS: Ubuntu, CentOS, CloudLinux; Fundamentals: DNS, Networking, IP routing; Database: MySQL; Control Panel: cPanel, AWS.
– Managed Services Provider (MSP) experience is required.
– Experience with troubleshooting in multi-user environments.
– Hands-on experience working with AWS (EC2, CloudWatch, AutoScaling, etc.).
– General understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, E-Mail).
– Demonstration of independent thinking and decision-making abilities.
– Ability to multitask, adapt to changes quickly, and to prioritize work.
– Excellent communication, availability and interpersonal skills.
– Strong troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced environment.
– Open to 24/7 support environment.
– Availability to possibly working weekends.
Keywords: Des Plaines IL Jobs, Technical Support Representative, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, CloudLinux, DNS, Networking, IP Routing, MySQL, cPanel, AWS, EC2, CloudWatch, TCP/IP, Email, Systems Administrator, Remote, Work From Home, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Des Plaines, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Technical Support Representatives for jobs Des Plaines, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC