Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Systems Engineer, Fort Meade, MD
The Systems Engineer will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology systems. Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Perform Linux system setup and management for both physical and virtual operating systems. Provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems. DoD 8570 compliant certification, including IAT Level II or greater (Security+ CE, CCNA Security; CySA+; GICSP; GSEC; SSCP.
– 10 years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. BS degree or 15 years of experience with systems administration.
– 10+ years of experience with systems administration.
– 5+ years of experience with administering Linux or UNIX systems, including RedHat or CentOS.
– Extensive experience as a systems/network administrator.
– Knowledge of network/networking principles.
– Knowledge of systems and network security, auditing, and user authentication.
– Experience applying Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
– Experience with Network Monitoring (Nagios, etc.). Nagios is preferred.
– Draft technical requirements, engineering documents, configuration documents, training manuals, and troubleshooting processes, updating as needed.
– Experience with Virtualization (VmWare & KVM).
– Apache NiFI experience (add new NiFi nodes, configure NiFi cluster, create and troubleshoot dataflows).
– Experience with providing system administration service for Linux infrastructure and development systems.
– Experience with analyzing and documenting system processes, build procedures and system infrastructure.
– Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet preferred).
– Experience troubleshooting standard daemons and tools (NFS, NTP, BIND, APACHE, SYSLOG, logrotate, chkconfig, init scripts, curl general networking, etc.).
– Experience with Linux package management system (RPM, YUM).
– Skilled in Linux-related shell scripting (Bash, Python, Perl).
– Experience with NiFi operations and administration.
– Experience using WLANs and VLANs.
Keywords: Fort Meade MD Jobs, Systems Engineer, Apache, Linux, Puppet, NFS, NTP, Bind, Bash, Python, Perl, Scripting, WLAN, VLAN, Networking, Cisco, VmWare, Network, Government, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Fort Meade, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Systems Engineers for jobs in Fort Meade, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC