Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
SQL Server DBA – Work From Home
A proprietary trading firm with locations in Chicago, London, New York and Amsterdam is seeking a talented and self-motivated SQL Server DBA to join a growing IT team. The company’s culture emphasizes teamwork and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. The ideal SQL Server DBA will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment. Duties may include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, developing table, views, indexes and stored procedures utilizing best practices. Implementing maintenance procedures and overseeing and monitoring of system maintenance procedures on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction from management. This position is 100% Remote.
– Provide 24/7 support for firm critical databases.
– Perform troubleshooting, resolution and root cause analysis for database and application specific incidents.
– Perform schema design, capacity planning and change control management tasks.
– Execute database base-lining, benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
– Maintain and enhance database maintenance routines.
– Work with company technical leads and development teams to create and execute project plans in line with customer expectations and company strategic goals.
– Execute database backup and recovery operations, database patching and upgrades and implementation of database security policies.
– Profile and performance tune new and existing stored procedures.
– Integrate SQL systems with third-party tools and environments.
– Document policies, processes and procedures.
– Cross-training members of the organization on how to use databases effectively and efficiently.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
– 1-5 years of Database Administration (DBA) experience.
– Manage SQL database environment.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject.
– Strong GPA (3.0 or higher).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
– Excellent time management skills; able to multitask among projects.
– Solid Project management skills; able to take a project from inception to completion.
– Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in creating, maintaining and optimizing Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions using SQL Server, T-SQL.
– Knowledge of database security methods and procedures.
– Understanding of ETL best practices across the enterprise.
– Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profile, Extended Events and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
– Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL.
– Experience in a scripting language such as python or PowerShell.
– VLDB, VmWare and SAN experience a plus.
– Financial or Trading is preferred but open to anyone working with big data, analytics and high performance computing.
– PowerShell, Big Data, and Cloud is a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, SQL Server DBA, Database Administrator, DBA, RDBMS, SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, ETL, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, MSSQL, Python, PowerShell, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire SQL Server DBAs for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.