Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Solutions Engineer, AIX and VIOS, Marietta, GA
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer with AIX and VIOS experience. This position is Hybrid, and you will need to go into the office in Marietta, Georgia 2-3 days a week.
– Day-to-day management of IBM Power hardware / software footprint
– Implementation of specialized software and customer solutions
– System integrations/transitions
– Troubleshooting customer environments
– Reviewing/recommending systems designs and implementations for both pre-/post-sales deployment of customers hosted/disaster recovery systems within a multi-tenant/Managed Service provider environment- Architecture and implementation of redundant VIOS, HMC, LPM, HACMP clusters.
– System administration and security of HMCs and VIOS.
– System administration and security of AIX/VIOS.
– Planning system releases, upgrades and patches to maintain software support.
– Provisioning and management of external storage and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
– Understanding of Power System technology and platform design.
– Implementation and design of disaster recovery / high availability strategies for IBM Power systems.
– Operation of tape management solutions, including physical and virtual tape libraries.
– Develop operational processes and documentation for day-to-day AIX/VIOS tasks.
– Develop processes and documentation regarding setup and failover for customers.
– Be responsible for vetting changes prior to submission and consideration into the Change Management process.
– Represent your team (technology area) in strategy/roadmap/direction/etc. discussions to your peers (other leads) and Management.
– Purchase Requests and Justifications, new platforms, hardware, software, Licensing increases, etc.
– Capacity management, planning, analysis and reporting across the multi-tenant Power System platform.
– Ability to participate in after-hours escalations and 24×7 on call as scheduled.
– Adhere to company and IT policies.
– Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or 15+ years of relevant work experience.
– 8+ years of technology experience with IBM AIX and VIOS administration.
– Deep knowledge of LPAR virtualization, LACP, SEA, vSCSI, SR-IOV.
– Strong understanding of ITIL and ITSM methodologies and processes.
– Ability to work in a fast passed, dynamic environment.
– Ability to work with all departments and teams, be a team player.
– Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills desired.
– Experience with hardware management console and LPAR configuration.
– Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
– Eligibility to work in United States.
– Understanding of Data Center Operations and Infrastructure Design desired.
– Knowledge or understanding of IBMi virtualized environments.
Keywords: Marietta GA Jobs, Solutions Engineer, IBM AIX, VIOS Administration, LPAR Virtualization, LACP, SEA, vSCSI, SR-IOV, ITIL, ITSM, Office, LPAR, VIOS, HMC, LPM, HACMP Clusters, Data Center Operations, Infrastructure Design, IBMi, Change Management, Remote, Work From Home, Networking, Georgia Recruiters, IT Jobs, Georgia Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Marietta, GA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Solutions Engineers for jobs Marietta, Georgia and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC