Next Step Systems
Software Engineer, TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
– Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
– Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
– Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
– Has experience with agile development processes.
– Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
– Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
– Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
– Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
– Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance.
– Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
– Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications.
– Experience using collaboration and software development tools (i.e., Atlassian).
– Software development using continuous integration practices.
– Experience with container technologies (i.e., Docker).
– Unix shell scripting.
– Development of event driven or data driven analytics.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Nine (9) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Demonstrated hands-on software development experience with Java in a Unix environment.
– Experience with Apache Tomcat.
– Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
– Experience using Apache NiFi to process and distribute data.
– Experience with Corporate data flow processes and tools.
– Experience with Spring Framework.
– Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
– Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
– Experience with Elastic Stack.
– Experience using the Atlassian product suite (Confluence, Jira).
– Experience with Git version control.
Looking to hire a Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Software Engineers for jobs in Fort Meade, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.