Next Step Systems
Software Engineer, TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
– Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
– Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
– Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
– Has experience with agile development processes.
– Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
– Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
– Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
– Familiarization with queue management systems.
– Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
– Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance.
– Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
– Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications.
– Experience using collaboration and software development tools (i.e. Atlassian).
– Software development using continuous integration practices.
– Experience with container technologies (i.e. Docker).
– Unix shell scripting.
– Development of event driven or data driven analytics.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Experience using the Unix command line.
– Experience writing scripts using Bash, Python, or similar scripting languages.
– Experience with DevOps principles such as version control, configuration management, CI/CD, and continuous monitoring.
– Experience using Maven, Gradle, SBT, or related build tools; Sonatype Nexus or similar artifact repository systems; and/or version control systems such as subversion or Git.
– Experience working in a team environment that utilized Agile principles and methodologies.
– Familiar with sustaining mission applications deployed in a Unix environment.
– Experience with interacting/training/supporting external customers.
Looking to hire a Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Software Engineers for jobs in Fort Meade, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.