Next Step Systems
Software Engineer, TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
– Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
– Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
– Has experience with agile development processes.
– Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
– Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
– Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
– Familiarization with queue management systems.
– Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
– Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications.
– Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
– Software development using continuous integration practices.
– Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
– Unix shell scripting.
– Development of event driven or data driven analytics.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
– Experience using the Unix command line.
– Experience developing scripts using Bash/Python.
– Experience monitoring, sustaining, and troubleshooting a large application/system infrastructure deployment in a Unix environment.
– Experience with software frameworks used for searching, monitoring, and analyzing data such as Elastic Stack and Splunk.
– Experience with visualization technologies such as Grafana and Kibana.
– Experience with IaC concepts and tools such as Ansible and Salt Stack.
– Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
– Demonstrated domain knowledge in distributed systems (cloud-based technologies).
– Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle.
– Familiar with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
– Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Looking to hire a Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Software Engineers for jobs in Fort Meade, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.