Next Step Systems
Senior Virtualization Architect – Work From Home
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Virtualization Architect to join our growing technology team. The company culture emphasizes teamwork and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. The ideal Senior Virtualization Architect will have worked within the financial industry with a robust background in virtualization systems designs, implementation and support. The successful Senior Virtualization Architect must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking, and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment. This position is a 100% Remote opportunity.
– Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and support of virtual desktop, server and storage technologies and solutions.
– Strategic Planning with other business units and key stakeholders to diagnose and resolve complex incidents and requests.
– Capacity plan for rapid growth of virtual environment.
– Perform planned maintenance activities on an established cycle.
– Maintain accurate and up to date inventory & documentation.
– Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
– Stay current with new developments in virtualization technologies.
– On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university.
– Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field.
– Strong GPA (3.5 or higher).
– 5+ years of experience with virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V/etc.) architecture design, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations.
– Must be able to work with staff in other IT functional areas to implement redundant, resilient VDI and general-purpose virtualization infrastructure.
– Experience with Source code control systems such as GIT, and bug tracking systems like JIRA.
– Strong understanding of virtual CPU, virtual memory, networking and storage setup.
– Experience implementing and operating mission critical technology components with HA, DR, and Business Continuity capabilities.
– Extensive knowledge of virtual networking concepts and implementations.
– Fluent in Python or similar scripting language.
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
– Experience with Ansible or similar configuration/automation tools will give you an advantage.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Senior Virtualization Architect, VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, VDI, Git, Jira, Scripting, Python, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
Looking to hire a Senior Virtualization Architect in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Senior Virtualization Architects for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.