Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Senior Firmware Engineer, Durham, NC
The Senior Firmware Engineer will work in the product development engineering group designing and supporting the development of analytic instrumentation in a multifunctional team environment. This position requires an adaptable individual that will be responsible for firmware design and maintenance in a regulated environment. This is a 100% Onsite opening and NOT open for Remote.
– Implement algorithms for biomedical instrumentation.
– Create design specifications.
– Digital designs incorporating microprocessors and CPLD/FPGA.
– Design and maintain analog, digital and mixed signal sub-systems incorporating ADC, DAC, Motor Control, PID etc. via standard interface protocols.
– Firmware design and implementation.
– Design, implementation, and maintenance of DSP algorithms.
– Prototype fabrication, board bring-up and test.
– Create, validate and execute engineering verification test plans.
– Document designs, implement tests.
– Regularly report progress, design concepts and lead design reviews.
– Occasional travel for project support and training.
– BS or MS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
– 3+ years in a product development environment, preferably in development of laboratory or medical device products.
– Embedded Firmware design using C/C++.
– Debug skills using standard electronics lab equipment.
– Strong analytical, planning, and time management skills.
– Familiarity with embedded software tools (particularly C, VHDL), design patterns, and scripting/testing tools (Python).
– Independent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data analysis.
– Experience with version control software (Git, SVN, etc.).
– Strong verbal and written communications skills; strong computer skills.
– Experience implementing DSP algorithms and associated mathematical models.
– Must communicate well and work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of biochemists, scientists, and engineers.
– Some travel may be required (domestic and international).
– Must maintain valid travel documents, including a valid driver’s license.
– Ability to work in a bio-safety level 2 environment (including training and immunization or immunization waiver) is required.
– FPGA/CPLD design experience a plus.
Keywords: Durham NC Jobs, Senior Firmware Engineer, C/C++, VHDL, Python, Git, SVN, DSP Algorithms, Mathematical Models, FPGA, CPDL, Microprocessors, Healthcare, North Carolina Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, North Carolina Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Durham, NC or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Senior Firmware Engineers for jobs in Durham, North Carolina and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC