Next Step Systems
Senior Data Engineer – Work From Home
We are looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to the software development team. In this role you will be responsible for building a Data Engineering Team and Data Infrastructure. You will partner with IT teams to build critical data infrastructure, data pipelines, ad hoc data analyses, troubleshoot data and support project teams during all stages of projects including requirement gatherings, gap reviews, development and testing. This is a 100% Remote opportunity!
– Create and maintain tools supporting self-service data pipeline management.
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
– Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications.
– Write maintainable, performant code.
– Collaborate with other domains to ensure data needs are addressed.
– Maintain and expand data infrastructure for the business at scale.
– Maintain our data warehouse with timely, high quality data.
– Determine operational feasibility of business requirements.
– Document and maintain data environment functionality.
– Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
– Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
– Comply with project plans and industry standards.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Technology, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– 4+ years of experience deploying production quality code, including experience in or close proximity to a data engineering, data science, or data analytics.
– Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines.
– Experience with RESTful APIs (C#, .NET Core).
– Experience working in an agile environment that is human-centered (Scrum + Design Thinking).
– Experience with test-driven development (TDD).
– Ability to drive technical architecture discussions and help inform decisions.
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and non-technical cohorts.
– Demonstrate understanding of how business requirements impact technical requirements.
– Results-oriented, creative-problem solver.
– Ability to take ownership and meet deadlines.
– Attention to detail, focus, follow-up and follow-through.
– Experience with Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
– Experience with Azure Cloud is a plus.
– Healthcare industry is a plus.
– Familiarity with Remote Patient Monitoring is a plus.
Looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer in Ogden, UT or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Senior Data Engineers for jobs in Ogden, Utah and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.