Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Entry Level Operations Technician, Overnight Shift, Marietta, GA
This is an Entry Level Operations Technician position, overnight shift, 4 days a week, 10hrs a day.
The Entry Level Operations Technician will perform technical analysis of system performance, analyzes alerts/monitors, and documented issues as they occur across the company’s managed services business and PaaS IBM iCloud environment. The Entry Level Operations Technician is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies to resolve incidences or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems and network engineers. The Entry Level Operations Technician must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer environments with a keen focus on their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a rotating shift environment with critical uptime requirements.
– Recognize, identify, prioritize and track incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
– Troubleshoot and resolve Tier1 incidents using documented procedures and research capabilities.
– Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
– Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
– Track and update incidents using the company ticketing system in a clear and efficient manner according to SLA requirements.
– Provide escalation status notification throughout the enterprise on service impacting events.
– Create incident reports for internal and external communication and provide status updates in accordance with established SLA guidelines.
– Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
– Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
– Work with internal technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
– Perform daily checklists (SOP), health checks and walkthroughs.
– Assist with daily operational tasks.
– Support multiple technical teams in various assigned shifts.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study.
– 2 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment.
– Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools.
– Experience utilizing tools to monitor network uptime & availability.
– Experience in incident management.
– Experience with iSeries, AS/400, IBMi platforms and/or x86, Virtual Machines, ESXi a plus.
Keywords: Marietta GA Jobs, Entry Level Operations Technician, Paas, IBM iCloud, Network Systems, Servers, Storage, Monitoring, Ticket Management Tools, Incident Management, Networking, Support, Operations, Georgia Recruiters, IT Jobs, Georgia Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Marietta, GA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Entry Level Operations Technicians for jobs Marietta, Georgia and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.