Next Step Systems
Network Engineer, Indianapolis, IN
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
– Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
– Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
– Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
– IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
– Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
– Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
– Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
– Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
– Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
– Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
– Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
– Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
– Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
– Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
– Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
– Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
– Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
– Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
– Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
– Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
– Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
– Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
– Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
– Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
– Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
– Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
– Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
– Experience with VLAN, Cisco, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, HP, Infrastructure, Server Administration, VmWare, Hyper-V, Azure, Network Support, and Cloud.
– Exchange and Managed Services Provider is a plus.
Keywords: Indianapolis IN Jobs, Network Engineer, LAN, WAN, VLAN, Cisco, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, HP, Infrastructure, Server Administration, Citrix, VmWare, Hyper-V, Azure, Cloud, Exchange, Customer Support, Network Support, Networking, Disaster Recovery, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Network Engineer in Indianapolis, IN or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Engineers for jobs in Indianapolis, Indiana and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.