Next Step Systems
Network Engineer, Marietta, GA
The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting customers on the company Platform-as-a-Service hybrid cloud, as well as supporting the internal IT networks and systems. The Network Engineer should be proficient at small, medium and large business network designs and implementations. This position requires collaborating directly with customers and team members in network design in order to build LAN and WAN networks to support a hybrid system connectivity model.
– Provide support for Hybrid Cloud network, systems and systems monitoring as needed.
– Provide support for and maintain SolarWinds Orion network monitoring nodes.
– Provide support for internal IT network and systems.
– Planning, designing, implementing and supporting customer LAN/WAN (including MPLS WAN) and security platforms.
– Must be proficient at IP routing, NAT’s, layer 2 switching, stateful firewall, IPSec VPN implementations, SSL VPN configurations, and multiple circuit failover design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
– Work directly with customers, sales staff, or engineering staff to determine customer/internal requirements.
– Draft and maintain up to date network documentation and network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
– Participate in after-hours escalations and 24×7 on call shifts as scheduled.
– Answer assigned tickets to drive resolution and customer satisfaction.
– Maintain and draft scripted network configurations for changes and new customer onboarding.
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related experience.
– Minimum of 3-6 years of IT/Network work experience.
– Industry recognized certifications (CCNA route switch/data center, CCDA, etc.).
– Customer service experience and positive attitude with strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
– Experience with routing protocols such as BGP (eBGP and iBGP) along with IPSec VPN, MPLS, VPLS, and data center interconnect technologies.
– Understanding of packet-level performance and application troubleshooting with tools such as Wireshark.
– Experience with Microsoft Visio and Office products.
– Experience with network monitoring platforms such as SolarWinds, Splunk, etc.
– Ability to work independently and excellent written and oral communications skills.
– A high proficiency in troubleshooting network issues is a must.
– Industry recognized certifications (CCNP, CCDP, FCNSA).
– In-depth knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Cisco Nexus, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco IOS, DNS, PKI, VMWare.
– Command line experience on multiple network hardware platforms is a plus.
– Past Managed Service Provider experience preferred.
– Cloud services experience with public cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus.
Keywords: Marietta GA Jobs, Network Engineer, LAN, WAN, Cisco, Fortinet, DNS, PKI, VmWare, AWS, Azure, MSP, BGP, IPSec, VPN, MPLS, VPLS, Data Center Interconnect Technologies, WireShark, SolarWinds, Splunk, Managed Service Provider, Networking, Georgia Recruiters, IT Jobs, Georgia Recruiting
Looking to hire a Network Engineer in Marietta, GA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Engineers for jobs Marietta, Georgia and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.