Next Step Systems
Network Engineer, Great Neck, NY
***Company has experienced significant growth, having doubled in size the last 5 years!***
The team is seeking highly motivated smart individuals with extensive experience in the areas of Networking System Administration and Cloud technologies. The Network Engineer will have to be very good in systems administration with in-depth knowledge of the skills mentioned below. The ideal Network Engineer should be able to work on multiple projects and manage his/her time accordingly. This position gives the candidates an excellent opportunity to utilize both technical and interpersonal skills in the Finance Industry. The position also offers substantial exposure to trading applications and to the complete trading cycle. The team is responsible for implementation and maintenance of the infrastructure and hosted environments. This position will also allow for interaction with clients and supporting their implemented solutions on an ongoing basis. The group also interacts very closely with all other internal groups to find unique solutions to difficult problems.
– Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
– Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators and site to site VPN sessions.
– Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation.
– Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
– Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
– Arranging scheduled upgrades.
– Investigating faults in the network.
– Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases.
– Reporting network status to key stakeholders.
– Order, provision and document circuits for the data networks.
– Create and maintain graphical and text based network documentation.
– Configure and implement network monitoring and management systems.
– 5-8+ years solid experience with Cisco Routers, Switches and firewalls. Must also have a solid understanding of VPN, NAT, routing protocols, VLAN trunking, port channel, spanning tree and QoS.
– Prior experience working with Cisco ASA Security appliances.
– Working experience of IPSec/SSL VPN technologies.
– Cisco CCNP is strongly preferred.
– Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN Network Protocols which include HSRP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, TCP/IP, VLAN, and VPN.
– Cloud based networking technologies.
– Cisco Router and Switch configuration, support, and problem analysis.
– Router and Switch management/monitoring tools.
– Protocol problem analysis using packet capture tools.
– Can support intermediate level router configurations and is well versed in Layer 2 & 3 switch configurations.
– Can support technology products in the areas of Network Infrastructure (Core & Remote) switches and routers, Firewall/VPN Security, and Wireless systems.
– Can utilize network diagnostic tools such to troubleshoot network problems and work vendor TAC for assistance.
– Experience with Cloud integration.
– Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
– Working knowledge Citrix, VMWare.
– Working knowledge with Secure Remote Access technologies (RSA).
Keywords: Great Neck NY Jobs, Network Engineer, Cisco, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN, NAT, Routing Protocols, VLAN Trunking, Port Channel, Spanning Tree, QoS, Networking, Trading, Financial, New York Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, New York Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
Looking to hire a Network Engineer in Great Neck, NY or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Engineers for jobs in Great Neck, New York and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.