Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
Lead Vulnerability Management Engineer, McLean, VA
We are seeking a Lead Vulnerability Management Engineer. The purpose of Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations is to provide best in class and versatile security services to the enterprises. Within the Cybersecurity Operations team, there are many agile squads that have distinct responsibilities. The vulnerability management squad is focused to identify configuration and software vulnerabilities in the computing environment. To assist with risk-based prioritization remediation efforts that can reduce the overall risk profile and to utilize vulnerability management success to drive operational change.
– The IT security engineer will be responsible for applying vulnerability management principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computing environment.
– Ensures continuous vulnerability lifecycle management with detecting, monitoring, and reporting vulnerability data. Provides engineering support and enhancements for a global vulnerability management program.
– Support includes run books, scan templates, scan scheduling, scanning networks and advanced scanning authentication (secrets and certificates).
– Drives requirements, evaluations, implementations, and troubleshooting of vulnerability management capabilities. These capabilities support a global vulnerability management program. Responsibilities include documenting engineering processes and practices that supports cyber security operations.
– Support vulnerability management team with establishing individual goals that support overall objectives.
– Assesses current and emerging threats, cyber attacks, and zero-day vulnerabilities that pose risks to the company.
– Support compliance and risk management activities, recommending security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks.
– Provides communication and interfacing with leadership, driving vulnerability management engineering best practices, and representing the technology risk management program.
– Strategically architect vulnerability collection points and scanners that provide visibility and perspectives on the network. The network perspectives include public networks, location private networks (wired and wireless), data centers, DMZ networks, endpoints and IoT devices.
– Identify vulnerability data is aligned with asset management to identify critical assets combined with threat data to assist with completing a risk equation, or a risk value. The risk score is a compilation of many data sources that assist with identifying a certain population set to prioritize remediation.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
– Minimum 8+ years of experience in Cybersecurity with at least 4+ years of vulnerability management experience working with tools such as Rapid 7, Qualys, Tenable (Experience in at least one of them) which includes implementation, upgradation, complex analysis, and integration in the production.
– At least 2+ years of demonstrated experience in vulnerability management reporting tools like Kenna, NorthStar or Brinqa.
– Experience in public cloud vulnerability management and understanding of public IP space and perimeters.
– Problem solving skills to resolve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity.
– Information Security Certifications related to vulnerability management like CISSP, CISM or CRISC.
– Experience in Information Security Risk Management frameworks and best practices for Vulnerability management, Risk Analysis, Reporting Metrics and Assessments.
Keywords: McLean VA Jobs, Lead Vulnerability Management Engineer, Vulnerability Management, Cybersecurity, Rapid 7, Qualys, Tenable, Kenna, NorthStar, Brinqa, Public Cloud, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, Security Risk Management, Virginia Recruiters, IT Jobs, Virginia Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in McLean, VA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Lead Vulnerability Management Engineers for jobs in McLean, Virginia and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC