Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
IT Service Desk Engineer – 6 Month Contract to Hire, Chicago, IL
The IT Service Desk Engineer is responsible for providing 24/7/365 coverage ensuring the customer facing technology is working correctly. The team monitors internal processes and responds to incidents and alerts to immediately identify and quickly resolve any critical issues. Other incidents and requests are resolved in a time frame appropriate to the criticality. The IT Support team has ownership of ensuring each incident and request gets resolved properly and strives to reduce time to resolution of these incidents and requests. Support will leverage procedures and automation developed within the team or by other internal teams to improve efficiency, up-time, and customer satisfaction. IT Support also helps to ensure the remaining technology is fully operational during expected business hours and strives to make current processes more efficient through the use of automation. This is a 6 month to hire contract position.
Incident and Request Management
– Provide the Service Desk function and act as end-to-end point of contact for customers regarding tickets.
– Provide first-rate desktop support.
– Ensure each incident and request gets resolved properly.
– Maintain knowledge base of common issues and resolutions.
– Work to reduce recurring issues by troubleshooting to understand and fix the root cause.
– Escalate to the IT Infrastructure and Network teams as needed.
– Monitor processes, applications, and IT Infrastructure components, leveraging automation where possible.
– Respond to alerts in a timely fashion.
Knowledge and Process Improvement
– Proactively increase own knowledge base and skillsets -create and use documentation and other training materials, internal cross-training.
– Continually analyze, refine, and strive to simplify operational procedures to improve efficiency, reliability, and thoroughness.
– Regularly submit ideas for process improvements and other ways to add value to the company.
– Develop and document repeatable operational procedures.
– Ad hoc desktop or other IT related requests and responsibilities as they arise.
– Conduct all technology related activities necessary to onboard, off board, or move employees in a consistent and thorough fashion.
– Administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights according to policy.
– Assist IT Infrastructure with the maintenance of servers and network devices.
– Experience in Desktop Support
– Experience with Windows, Active Directory, and Office 365
– Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
– Experience with Cybersecurity; antivirus software
– Automate using Python, PowerShell or other the manual tasks in current processes
– Ability to integrate to the APIs of various third party and internal tools
– Customer satisfaction focused
– Creative Problem solver
– Potential weekend work
– Potential temporary shift changes to accommodate vacation coverage
– Ad hoc desktop or other IT related requests and responsibilities as they arise
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, IT Service Desk Engineer, Desktop Support, Windows, Active Directory, AD, Office 365, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Cybersecurity, Antivirus Software, Python, PowerShell, APIs, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire IT Service Desk Engineers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC