Website Next Step Systems – Recruiters for Information Technology Jobs
Top IT Recruiting Firm
IT Manager, Chicago, IL
This IT Manager position will lead the IT portion of the tech team, managing areas such as network infrastructure and security, hardware and software deployment, email and document management platforms, and the tech support help desk. This IT Manager role will also collaborate with others on the tech team who manage software and data platforms and assist other key stakeholders with development of scalable business processes and automated solutions. The ideal IT Manager will have experience managing IT infrastructure in a largely cloud-focused environment, with a blend of in-office and full-time remote staff. This IT Manager position is Hybrid, in the office 2-3 times a week.
IT Manager Responsibilities:
– Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
– Monitor the performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
– Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
– Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
– Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
– Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
– Network maintenance/updates, troubleshooting, upgrades, monitoring.
– Administer Office365/Intune/Azure AD.
– Administer Netdocs document management system.
– Assist with installation, set-up, and troubleshooting of hardware, including laptops, printers, and AV equipment
– Annual security assessment and remediation efforts.
– Demonstrate technical expertise and knowledge; stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends.
– Strategic leadership to ensure IT infrastructure meets future business and security needs.
– Flexibility to be on-call during off-hours as needed.
– Occasional travel between offices may be required.
IT Manager Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field.
– 5+ years of IT experience, with 2+ years in a management role.
– Experience working with both PCs and Macs in a cloud office environment.
– Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
– Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
– Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
– Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
– Proficiency in managing vendor relationships and leading IT projects.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language.
– Excellent people skills (outgoing, approachable, motivated to help), including the ability to train end users.
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
– Ability to conduct research into computing issues and software functionality.
– Keen attention to detail.
– Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
– Ability to collaborate across functional teams.
– Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
– Law firm experience preferred.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, IT Manager, Management, PCs, Macs, Cloud, IT Infrastructure, Office 365, Azure AD, Intune, Hardware, Laptops, Printers, AV Equipment, Network, Networking, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire IT Managers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC