– Develop and test network applications utilized in trading and risk management.
– Design and rapidly implement prototypes of the above using knowledge of the most appropriate computational algorithms and data structures.
– Write thorough testbenches for all internally developed components.
– Analyze performance in detail and continuously identify bottlenecks.
– Interface with users to ensure that requirements are met.
– Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
– At least 5 years of professional experience developing with a commercially used HDL (preferably SystemVerilog and/or Verilog).
– Experience with FPGA development using Altera Quartus design software preferred.
– Must have Verilog experience.
– Completed at least one full FPGA design cycle.
– Looking for development experience in Verilog targeting the Altera chip.
– Experience using ModelSim, Questa Core or an equivalent simulation tool.
– Candidate must have development and design experience rather than FPGA testers or verification.
– Experience with timing closure techniques for large designs.
– Some coding experience with C/C++ or x86 assembly.
– In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack.
– Experience writing test benches.
– Knowledge of network operations and protocols.
– Proficiency utilizing DMA and operating with related kernel modules in Linux (using C/C++).
– Knowledge of PCIe Bus Standard preferred.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, FPGA Engineer, FPGA, HDL, SystemVerilog, Verilog, Altera Quartus, ModelSim, Questa Core, TCP/IP Protocol Stack, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.