FPGA Electrical Engineer
A rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, & New York City is seeking experienced FPGA Engineers to research, design and develop custom hardware for its trading teams. Responsibilities include architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language, producing design documents, performing timing analysis and floor planning, and validating and analyzing designs for errors and efficiency.
The ideal FPGA Electrical Engineer should be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record. Capable of working independently or as part of a team, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and is collaborative in their approach to solving problems. This position requires excellent communication skills as FPGA Engineers interact with both immediate team members, other technologists and traders.
– 3+ years experience in FPGA design, including of experience in the full FPGA design life cycle, tool flow and network applications.
– Familiarity with Secure IP and experience evaluating vendor IP cores.
– Ethernet experience (10G or higher), network protocols.
– Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus.
– Excellent knowledge of and proficiency with Verilog and/or VHDL.
– Proficiency with a full simulator such as ModelSim.
– Ability to transition between hardware languages and abstraction layers on an as needed basis and demonstrate excellence throughout.
– Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently or part of a team.
– Familiarity with C, C++, Python or other scripting languages is a plus.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
– Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, FPGA Electrical Engineer, FPGA, VHDL, Verilog, ModelSim, ISE Design, Secure IP, IP Cores, Network Protocols, Financial, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates To Chicago!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.