C++ Software Engineer
– Work under general direction from senior management.
– Collaborate closely with financial engineering and trading colleagues to understand functional objectives and requirements.
– Design/implement complex real-time trading system.
– Provide production system support, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
– A minimum of 3 to 5 years of large scale C++ development experience.
– A degree in computer science or a related field.
– Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills; familiarity with STL, design patterns and distributed computing, knowledge of network and multi-threaded programming in a Unix environment.
– Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including complex queries (joins, unions), triggers, and stored procedures.
– Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Perl, shell).
– Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, training users in software operations, and interacting positively with upper management.
– Flexible self-starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
– Experience with electronic trading systems is a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, C++ Software Engineer, C++, STL, UNIX, Multi-threaded Programming, Scripting, Python, Perl, Shell, Trading, Software Developer, Programmer Analyst, Chicago Recruiters, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.