Next Step Systems
Backend Software Engineer – Work From Home
The Backend Software Engineer will join an Agile team of professionals dedicated to providing custom solutions for clients of all sizes with a focus on enterprise level software. Company provided a unique opportunity for developers to work with a multitude of different clients and in multiple verticals. Company culture is one of collaboration and leadership. Self-starters are encouraged to build new things and are setup in an environment of never ending learning. Set goals and achieve them through collaboration with your team. We are 100% Remote, and the core team has been working together since 2016.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree.
– 5+ years of experience delivering enterprise-class web applications or equivalent education plus experience.
– 4+ years of experience developing in Java language and JVM and associated toolchain like Maven.
– Proven working experience in Spring: Boot, Core, Security, Data (JPA & “NoSQL”), MongoDB.
– Proven working experience in “REST” HTTP APIs and the associated tools: Postman, OpenAPI/Swagger, Curl.
– Solid knowledge of security and associated best practices: Authentication (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect), TLS and certificates, hashing, encryption, network (VPC, Security Groups), OWASP.
– Strong knowledge of OOD and SOA principles, with ability to implement them in Java.
– Solid knowledge on Kafka, WebSocket preferably with STOMP.
– Experience deploying spring boot applications using docker containers and debugging builds.
– Strong experience with Software Engineering/CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
– Skilled in the software development lifecycle processes and experience with scrum, agile and iterative approaches.
– Software development patterns like OOP, Flux/Redux, Modular, MVVM, MVC and Observer.
– A healthy discipline of test driven development (TDD).
– The ability to learn at an incredible pace.
– A positive attitude and proactive approach.
– Interested in continual learning, development, and forward thinking.
Keywords: Raleigh NC Jobs, Back-end Software Engineer, Java, JVM, Maven, Web Applications, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Rest API, Security, Kafka, WebSocket, STOMP, Docker, Software Developer, Architect, Programming, Programmer Analyst, North Carolina Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, North Carolina Recruiting
Looking to hire for similar positions in Raleigh, NC or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Back-end Software Engineers for jobs in Raleigh, North Carolina and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.