Next Step Systems
Vice President of Engineering, HPC, Plano, TX
We are actively looking for a Vice President of Engineering. This position will report directly to the office of the COO and be located at headquarters in Plano, Texas.
– Must have experience designing large complex devices, preferably mass-produced products. Experience in design for manufacturing is highly preferred.
– Design and implement procedure for the development, manufacturing, testing and quality control of components.
– Directly manage engineering managers, while remaining an accessible resource for the engineering team.
– Oversee day to day activities of the Engineering team.
– Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
– Recognize, adopt, and spread best practices in development (data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation).
– Build and maintain a standard of technical excellence and shared accountability.
– Act as a translator and advocate for the engineering team’s business needs and roadmap, and successfully rally departments around the engineering team’s work.
– Ensure that your department is set up for success, by appropriately & effectively staffing and resourcing projects.
– Prepare various product drawings, reports, specifications and criteria as required for both internal and external use.
– Design and develop of new products, including prototype development, from concept generation through to product launch.
– Balance your technical expertise with a passion & genuine advocacy for our product.
– Minimum 10 years of experience in the design and development of electronic systems and components.
– BA/BS degree in analytical area such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
– Master’s degree in an analytical field preferred.
– Expert level knowledge of harmonics, ripple, filtering, and related topics.
– Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC).
– Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analysis.
– Experience working cross-functionality and building/maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
– Ability to design holistic AC and DC power systems, components, and related systems.
– Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
– Experience in a start-up environment a plus.
– Cloud experience is a plus.
– Must have a strong analytical and computational background and understand the systems engineering process.
– Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– The ability to work independently, as part of a team, or as the manager of multiple teams working toward simultaneous parallel or independent objectives.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Vice President of Engineering HPC, Harmonics, Ripple, Filtering, Root Cause Analysis, AC Power Systems, DC Power Systems, Electronic Systems and Components, High Performance Computing, HPC, Cloud, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Vice President of Engineering, HPC in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Vice Presidents of Engineering, HPC for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.