Trader, High Frequency Trading
A rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London & New York City, is seeking to add entry level Traders to join an already established Trading Department in the New York office. This position will fit candidates with 1 to 2 years’ experience in proprietary trading or bank derivatives business or technology support. Candidates who have no experience in the proprietary industry would be considered pending their degree and previous work experience. This position will be located in the New York office. Must have 5+ years of High Frequency Trading (HFT) experience.
– Must have 5+ years of High Frequency Trading (HFT) experience.
– Math aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills.
– Strong computer skills with the ability to do development in a programming language (e.g. C++, C#, R).
– Ability to do light development in a programming language using multi-dimensional arrays, nested loops, complex conditionals and simple file I/O.
– Ability to react calmly and quickly in an electronic trading environment.
– Demonstrated interest in trading.
– Learn new concepts quickly.
– Has demonstrated the ability to use good judgment.
– Maintain integrity at all times.
– Values teamwork but still can think and work independently.
– Will dig in and be self-motivated and self-directed in personal growth and learning.
– Can communicate effectively while under pressure.
– Can adapt to changing situations with ease.
– Capable of maintaining focus with a strong drive for success.
– Ability to work on a competitive team.
– Mental discipline and ability to solve problems under pressure.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university.
– Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics.
– Strong GPA (3.5 or higher).
Keywords: New York NY Jobs, Trader, High Frequency Trading, HFT, C++, R, C#, Multi-Dimensional Arrays, Nested Loops, Simple File I/O, Trading Environment, Programming, Programmer Analyst, New York Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, New York Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.