Next Step Systems
Tier 2 Support Engineer, Chicago, IL
Serve as in-house IT lead for growing 40+-employee firm, including resolving user-specific and basic networking issues, managing relationship with external IT vendor, and suggesting and implementing technology-related business-improvement projects. Ability to troubleshoot and solve straight-forward problems that do not have SOPs required. Company requires a full COVID-19 vaccine (as defined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)) or an approved exemption as an accommodation. Position requires 3 days Onsite and 2 days Remote, with occasional after-hours and weekend work.
– Identify and resolve basic issues in office networking environment, including internet connectivity, file server and VPN availability, access to networked peripherals such as printers.
– Assist in routine networking hardware projects, such as cabling and installation of network access points, routers, etc.
– Working with external IT provider to ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available.
– Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions (including but not limited to automating data collection or entry; website design; basic coding/scripting).
– Setup and prepare new computers and phones for existing and new employees.
– Manage routine local technical projects and deployment of software updates.
– Work with the IT team to maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes (e.g., relating to data and network security, hardware/software usage; selection and replacement of computing equipment etc.).
– Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
– Manage relationship, tickets, and projects with IT vendors.
– Assist with occasional discovery projects, including e-discovery projects and source code reviews.
– 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery.
– 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such VPN environments, MFA and networked file shares.
– 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user environment.
– 2+ years of experience in a professional environment.
– 2+ years of experience in PC and MAC troubleshooting.
– Experience with Palo Alto, Virtual Servers, VmWare, QuickBooks, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field is a plus.
– Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA, Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux.
– Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
– Ability to manage high priority projects.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Tier 2 Support Engineer, VPN, PC, MAC, Palo Alto, Virtual Servers, VmWare, QuickBooks, Routers, Switches, CompTIA, Network+, Cisco, CCNA, Linux, Hardware, Infrastructure, Network, Networking, Chicago Recruiters, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire a Tier 2 Support Engineer in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Tier 2 Support Engineers for jobs Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.