Next Step Systems
Systems Engineer with TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly, San Antonio, TX
The Systems Engineer will maintain and administer all network architecture (physical and virtual) and support IT personnel with the operation of LANs, WANs, telephony, messaging and servers and internet, working among all relevant hardware and software devices. This position requires TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly.
– Assist in the identification of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions that are related to LANs/WANs and related servers.
– Provide production data center type services for the Cisco, Meraki, SDWAN, P2P VPN, VMWare, and enterprise storage technical architecture.
– Participate in all phases of the client/customer support development life cycle.
– Install routers, switches, firewalls, concentrators, content engines, remote access solutions and network hardware.
– Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to hardware/software problems.
– Alert management, help desk team and other IT groups when issues or problems arise.
– Minimize client productivity loss caused by outages.
– Monitor and control Network performance (physical and virtual) in the areas of response, throughput, and availability.
– Provide production data center services for the Cisco, Meraki, Software Defined WAN(SDWAN), ISE, VMWare, and enterprise technical architecture.
– Build, develop and manage the operations of Network Infrastructure, specifically the SDWAN solution throughout the enterprise and remote sites.
– Help configure, install, and maintain hardware for and software for LAN/WAN/SDWAN. Assist in performing maintenance and release upgrades.
– Monitor performance and availability of network platforms.
– Partners with IT Operations team members on network access control and identity and access management solutions, policies and monitoring.
– Monitor LAN/WAN/SDWAN and install and configure new network equipment to supplement the current configuration.
– Assist in administering cross-platform networking equipment.
– Design and implement redundant and failover network infrastructure.
– Ensure data availability and recoverability pertaining to network connectivity.
– Conduct feasibility studies for proposed systems and modifications to existing systems.
– Participate in the development of internal design specifications.
– Provide guidance to user representatives in preparing test cases, procedures, and documentation.
– Support production systems by optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on problem reports.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline is required.
– Minimum of five years of related work experience administering a corporate network environment, including some experience in application administration and Tier II and Tier III desktop and system support.
– Knowledge and experience in the following are preferred: Microsoft Technologies: Windows Server and Active Directory, VMware and Cisco/Meraki Technologies: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, SDWAN/VPN, WebEx Teams (Spark).
– Excellent communication and analytical skills.
– Strong time management skills and sense of urgency.
– Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve.
– Enthusiasm to learn and grow as a Network Engineer.
– Strong Microsoft background.
– Solid ability to monitor the corporate infrastructure and remediate issues as needed.
– Build Network configurations and maintain security requirements.
– Support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity requirements.
– Desktop Skills: MAC, Windows 7/10, MS Office, Visio & Project.
– Occasional travel to other company locations may be required.
Keywords: San Antonio TX Jobs, Systems Engineer, Windows Server, Active Directory, VmWare, Cisco, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN, MAC, Windows, MS Office, LAN, WAN, Desktop Support, Network Engineer, Network Engineering, Support, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Systems Engineers for jobs in San Antonio, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.