Systems Engineer, Platform & Virtualization Engineering
Ready to hire! Fantastic opportunity with a very successful company with cutting-edge technology and a staff consisting of many of the brightest quantitative talent in the world.
The platform and virtualization engineering team is responsible for all aspects of analysis, design, and engineering of the server platforms, including management of the life-cycle of hardware, operating systems, configuration management and build systems. The team also produces specialized builds for latency sensitive environments.
– Engineer the next generation of computer platforms.
– Design and implement the distributed systems that are necessary for systems management and the automation of hardware evaluation, provisioning, build and life-cycle management.
– Provide subject matter expertise with low-level tuning of operating systems.
– Work closely with the network, storage, cloud, and build engineers to deliver a friction-less server environment.
– Excellent analytical and communication skills.
– Deep understanding of Linux.
– In-depth knowledge of network and storage sub-systems.
– Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (KVM, Qemu, libvirt, namespaces, containers, etc.).
– Experience with systems and configuration management of distributed infrastructure (such as CFEngine, Chef, etc.).
– Experience monitoring and debugging large-scale, geographically distributed systems.
– Experience with the software development life-cycle of large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
– Experience with life-cycle and change management of hardware and operating systems is a plus.
– Database and messaging concept is a plus.
*Will Relocate The Right Candidate! Will Sponsor Visa’s. Will only consider candidates from top tier computer science universities and/or individuals with a stellar GPA. Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top computer science program with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. PhD preferred. Top computer science program preferred (Carnegie Mellon University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Princeton University, University of Washington, University of Texas-Austin, Georgia Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, etc.
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.