Next Step Systems
Software Architect – Work From Home
This position is 100% Remote. You will be required to travel to the office in Houston, TX or Kansas City, MO at least once every 2 months.
The Software Architect will be the senior leader responsible for building excellence in software development for the business. You will be accountable for establishing a clear vision, building process excellence, building organizational capability, driving execution, and measuring and improving performance to deliver market-leading quality and time to market. You will supervise application development and direct a group of IT professionals, helping your team reach all company objectives following a strict timeline. Perform systems, design, and application development, as well as evaluate code reviews and make recommendations for changes. You will make high-level design choices to produce a best of class digital twin platform, enforcing technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Additionally, you will lead the onshore and offshore development staff and own the training process. In your position you will lead meetings and set goals for their team, as well as assess problems and propose solutions. A key responsibility is monitoring software quality processes to improve code functionality and reliability.
– Make high-level design choices to produce a best of class digital twin platform.
– Enforce technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
– Have at least 5 years of experience and success managing the process of configuration and change management from initial requirements gathering to go-live.
– Have mastered responsibilities identified in experience required section.
– Address current technical debt and minimize / mitigate future technical debt with solid technical designs for ongoing scalability and minimal maintenance efforts.
– Drive execution of planned sprints and accompanying stories to on-time delivery.
– Bring platform releases to production meeting the functional requirements with minimal bugs/defects against them specifically.
– Lead offshore developers to highest quality product for lowest possible cost.
– Complete tasks required for platform development and delivery to production.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
– At least one certification preferred but not required (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CBCP, ITIL, MP or other specialized IT certifications).
– Ability to manage a variety of technical and management tasks.
– Ability to motivate teams to collaborate and produce high quality materials.
– Ability to make formal presentations to corporate management, project teams and our clients.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience managing or directing project teams.
– Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
– Ability to multitask and adhere to project schedule and prioritize. Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks.
– Analyst experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) products is an asset. Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication.
– Understanding and participating in the software development lifecycle.
– Knowledge of a broad range of modern programming languages, platforms and open.
– Expert in the software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, QA, Database architecture, build processes, testing, deployment, and the related operational processes.
– Expert of relational databases, web technologies, and BI tools
– Initiative, creativity, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Possess a sense of urgency and a focus on results-driven performance.
– Strong competence with Scrum / Agile development and hybrid implementations.
– Strong Project Management experience with the ability to quickly resolve conflicts, prioritize effectively without all available information.
– Creative problem solving – finds creative solutions to complex problems.
– Highly quantitative with critical thinking skills — passion and energy to drive to root cause.
– Passion for paramount quality and achieving stretch goals.
– Ability to work with ambiguity and still achieve the right outcome.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
– 5+ years of hands-on development experience with various commercial and open-source technologies and frameworks.
– 3+ plus years in lead architect or engineering role building large scale commercial technology systems.
– We would consider candidates with a Master’s degree in a related field plus at least 3 months of prior relevant work experience.
– Experience working in transitional agile organizations where process and procedure may be evolving a plus.
– Experience with ad-hoc reporting, dashboards, and metrics development.
– Proven experience in designing, building and deploying large, distributed technology systems.
– Extensive experience in leading and strategizing major Big Data information and business analytics management programs within key business areas, and exceptional knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle.
– Familiarity with conducting code and design reviews.
– Experience with the Microsoft Stack: SQL Server Management Studio, Power BI, Azure ML Studio.
– Proven experience with real time embedded software development.
– Experience in working closely with customers and potential customers both technically and commercially.
– Direct experience in engineering process and change management – can lead people and process without direct control.
– Proven experience in managing cross-cultural teams.
– Experience with server implementation and operations: REST, OpenID Connect, OAuth, PostgreSQL, Java, Spring, Hibernate, AD, Azure, Docker.
– Experience and/or understanding of Active Directory and Azure infrastructures and tools.
– Knowledge of commercial Asset Management Enterprise platforms, Digital Twins and Real-Time Internet of Things architecture is a plus.
– Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason.
– Strategic Leadership and Vision: The ability to think strategically, help create and collaborate with the finance departments and with the management team as a whole.
– Self Confidence: Must be self-confident yet humble and approachable. Has the ability to transmit appropriate messages to appropriate audiences, a willingness to admit mistakes and the ability to offer input without insisting on being right.
– Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions.
– Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; edits work; varies writing style to meet specific needs; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
– Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
– Professionalism: Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
– Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
– Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; manages approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with occasional change, delays, or unexpected events.
– Reliability: Works reliably under pressure to produce timely, accurate information and is willing to do whatever is necessary to bring about results.
– Entrepreneurial Spirit: Excellent at knowing opportunity cost.
Looking to hire a Software Architect in Overland Park, KS or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Software Architects for jobs in Overland Park, Kansas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.