Senior Software Engineer, Data – Will Relocate To Houston, TX!
***Company has experienced consistent growth adding 20% to their headcount each year!***
We are searching for an extraordinary software engineer to help build the next generation of data services. This is a hands-on role that will include architecting, designing, and developing software that enables us to ingest, transform, and scrub financial data used by multiple stakeholders. The Senior Software Engineer in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in New York to develop, implement and roll out technology solutions to address a wide array of complex business problems.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in hands-on large scale software development and enterprise architecture.
- 1+ year of software architecture experience on large scale systems.
- Experience with Java (or other VM languages), Python, C or C++.
- Experience designing and developing in-house software solutions.
- Extensive experience building Microservices architectures and event-driven systems.
- Recent experience working closely with and mentoring junior software engineers.
- Deep knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas is highly desirable: Financial instrument reference data and market data.
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Data modeling experience in a financial services environment.
- Ownership mindset, with demonstrated partnership with functional counterparts to deliver on a material set of business objectives.
- Deliver technology and develop subject matter expertise within one the above noted functional areas.
- Design and deliver high volume functionally complex software services.
*Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top computer science program preferred. Prefer degrees from Rice University, University of Texas-Austin, Texas A&M, University of Houston, Texas Tech University, University of Georgia, University of Virginia, Duke University. Also, Carnegie Mellon University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Princeton University, University of Washington, Georgia Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Keywords: Houston TX Jobs, Senior Software Engineer Data, C/C++, Python, Java, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Systems, Financial, Market Data, Software Developer, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Trading, Financial, Texas Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.