Next Step Systems
Senior Scrum Master, Plano, TX
Qualified candidates should have some project management experience and should also list notable achievements on their resume (for example, increasing efficiency within an organization). The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring and facilitating Scrum processes for multiple development teams. Acting as a servant leader and coach, the Scrum Master increases team efficiency, motivates agile teams, removes impediments, and oversees changes that will ensure quality and timely execution to meet business objectives.
– Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams across the organization.
– Facilitate daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, sprint reviews, backlog refinement, sprint reviews/demos, and other meetings as needed.
– Own Scrum team processes and balance the relationship with Product Owners, Project Management and other organizations.
– Build team cohesion through collaboration, effective communication, openness, respect, and transparency.
– Support and collaborate with Product Owners to ensure teams are focused on delivering to defined priorities.
– Influence completion of complex, initiatives spanning new products and technologies, customer applications, and product line extensions with an emphasis on commitment and follow-through within an established time-box.
– Utilize effective information radiators for clear, transparent communication to the organization.
– Coach and develop team members, as needed, on agile and Scrum processes.
– Collaborate throughout the organization, with customers, and stakeholders to identify feedback opportunities for continuous team improvement.
– Lead by example and communicate expectations for consistent adherence to established processes.
– Create a culture of learning and excellence through implementing Scrum practices, Agile methodologies, and technical excellence practices.
– Maintain relevant metrics to aid in the guidance of the Scrum teams towards efficient processes and outcomes.
– Demonstrate proactiveness and a sense of urgency in day-to-day tactical work.
– Additional duties, as assigned. Weekend or evening hours may be required to support releases or customer support.
– First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) required.
– Technical Project Management background is preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of software product development experience with at least 2-3 years of experience serving in a full-time Scrum Master role for software development teams that were diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
– Experience serving as a SCRUM Master on teams developing full-stack commercial applications.
– Outstanding skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, coaching and increasing transparency.
– Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles.
– Knowledge of agile frameworks/methods (i.e., Scrum, Kanban) and an understanding of software development life cycle models.
– Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
– Strong understanding and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile games.
– Expert knowledge and proficiency with agile development tools such as Gitlab, Jira, etc. and defect management tools and techniques.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
– The ability to work independently, as part of a team, or multiple teams working towards simultaneous parallel or independent objectives.
– The ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
– Effective written and oral communication skills.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Senior Scrum Master, Scrum Master Certification, CSM, PSM-I, Product Development, Agile Framework, Kanban, SDLC, Gitlab, Jira, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Senior Scrum Master in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Senior Scrum Masters for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.