Senior Network Availability Engineer
Qualified candidates must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Candidates must also have a DoD 8750 certification at IAT Level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
– Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels.
– Develop network device and probe instrumentation plans to measure network and service availability.
– Develop plans and network architecture for synthetic voice, video, and data traffic generation.
– Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring degradations in network availability.
– Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
– Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
– Perform fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
– Develop preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures,
– Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports.
– Perform proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
– Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
– Requires BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
– Advanced knowledge of Telecommunications, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
– In depth technical understanding of network services and architecture.
– Experience provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, transport devices or IP networks.
– Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
– Currently have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
– Currently have a DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
– Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline.
– Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth.
– Experience with Netscout.
– Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
– Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
– Familiarity with IP (Cisco, Juniper, etc).
– Experience analyzing real time service voice and video SIP signaling and call flow.
– Understand WAN principles, Cisco Voice, Avaya Voice and Data networks.
– Understanding of Network Operations.
– IPSEC, MPLS, and IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
Keywords: Belleville IL Jobs, Senior Network Availability Engineer, Telecom, Routers, Load Balancers, DNS, Firewalls, IP Networks, Transport Devices, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.