Senior Database Developer
We are looking for people that have been in the role of Senior Data Modeler/ETL Developer, Senior Software Engineer but seek accelerated opportunities to become Data Architects; people with a passion for data, technology and the desire to learn and grow, architect and design enterprise data solutions. Candidates need to have an application or web development background.
– Participate in data architecture definition, design and implementation.
– Play key roles in large projects: Senior Designer/Developer, Technical Lead.
– Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, design and develop ETL, reporting and analytics solutions.
– Design and develop data solutions for insurance, healthcare and other industries.
– Wear many hats and gain experience with tools, technologies and platforms across many technology stacks.
– Work closely and share ideas with fellow Data Architects, Senior Data Developers.
– Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns.
– A bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and at least 4 years of hands-on experience in design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations.
– Knowledge of data modeling and design patterns and the ability to apply them.
– Prior consulting experience with mid-large size firms is a plus!
– Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies.
– Strong problem solving skills.
– Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
– Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
– Hands-on experience with modern enterprise data architectures and data toolsets (ex: Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Data Lake, 3NF and Dimensional Models, Modeling Tools, Profiling Tools).
– Experience with Health Insurance, Life Insurance and / or Healthcare a big plus!
– Experience leading teams of all levels of software professionals!
– Experience leading teams of in-house employees and consultants a big plus!
– A minimum of 75% travel. The role requires a minimum of 3-4 days away from home/week visiting clients in US.
Keywords: Toronto Ontario Canada Jobs, Senior Database Developer, Data Modeler, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Data Lake, Dimensional Models, Software Engineer, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Canada Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Canada Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC