Next Step Systems
SATCOM Network Analyst, Fort Meade, MD
Qualified candidates must have an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance. Candidates must also have a DoD 8750 certification at IAT Level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
This position supports the SATCOM Management Center (SMC) providing 24×7 operational, programmatic and technical support. You must be able to support rotating 8/10/12 hour shifts. You may be required to provide support on an on call basis and could be asked to report within an 8 hour time frame. You may be required to provide short or no notice contingency support at off-site locations.
– Provide technical analysis of SATCOM (including space, control and ground) status and performance data to optimize network supportability and provide recommendations and alternatives for network requirements that are unsupportable.
– Provide recommendations for the development of SATCOM network scenarios and determine impacts on the SATCOM and satellite network configurations.
– Participate in the planning and technical evaluation of the performance of existing and new next generation augmentation satellites, earth terminals, baseband equipment, control equipment, and SATCOM facilities.
– Evaluate the supportability of Operations Plan (OPLAN) SATCOM requirements for each Area of Responsibility (AOR) utilizing the planning tools provided and assist with the daily operation and management of the respective satellites and the associated ground and control segments.
– Provide Technical Analysis Reports, Technical Briefings, Technical Review of Wideband SATCOM Documentation, Technical Analysis Working Papers and White Papers, and Technical Review of Wideband O&M Meetings.
– Provide equipment monitoring and control (M&C), mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to DoD and Enterprise SATCOM Gateways.
– Support Monitor & Control (M&C) activities to include: Open / Remediate/ Close incident tickets; Coordinate equipment failures and troubleshooting actions with site and deployed operators; Monitor, control and configure all specified equipment technologies including adding and removing missions; Manage and provision DISN services, connecting DISN circuits and IP/ multicast traffic; Periodic verification that equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and that no alarms exist; Assist in equipment configuration for mission and network setup according to the mission SAA and GAA.
– Develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications; provide reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications.
– Bachelor’s degree, preferred, and 4+ yrs. of relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
– Be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
– Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
– Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Experience with the following tools/applications:
– Experience working at a Wideband Satellite Operations Center (WSOC).
– Wideband Remote Monitoring System (WRMS)
– Common Network Planning Software (CNPS)
– DoD Teleport
– Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Subsystem
– Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
– IP Modems (iDirect)
– DVB-RCS: Advantech system and support equipment at Lago and Landstuhl
– Gateway Video Reception Delivery Service (GVRDS)
– Mobile Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
– Unified Video Dissemination System (UVDS)
– Defense Information Systems Network – Tactical Edge (DISN-TE)
– SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS)
– Spectral Warrior Experience working at a Wideband Satellite Operations Center (WSOC)
Keywords: Fort Meade MD Jobs, SATCOM Network Analyst, WRMS, CNPS, DoD Teleport, GBS Subsystems, IP Modems, GVRDS, ISR, UVDS, DISN-TE, SUNS, WSOC, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a SATCOM Network Analyst in Fort Meade, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire SATCOM Network Analysts for jobs in Fort Meade, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.