Network Support Engineer
Qualified candidates must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). And able to obtain a DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent. Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines) experience is a big plus!
– Overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, programming and evaluating various components of the network.
– Providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
– Utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional requirements in support of Defense Information Systems Network resources.
– Design and implement solutions to highly technical problems through testing, documentation, and modification of configuration data on network resources.
– Operate various types of telecommunications test equipment and bit error rate/cell test sets. (Actern/Fireberd/Digital Lightwave).
– Plan, design, and evaluate various components of the network, recommends and implements new technologies to enhance current and future network capabilities.
– Proactively manage and maintain all network assets. This may include intrusive troubleshooting of wide area networks, servers and routers, local area networks, and switches.
– May install or upgrade software and hardware.
– Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network systems, diagnosing hardware / software faults, solving technical and applications problems, over the phone, in person, or logging into the device.
– Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years overall related experience; additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
– Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent.
– Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
– Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
– Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
– Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc.) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
– Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
– ITIL certification.
– Understanding of Department of Defense, its policies, and hierarchy.
– Network Certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), Security certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, etc.)
Keywords: Belleville IL Jobs, Network Support Engineer, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, Routers, Load Balancers, DNS, Firewalls, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.