Next Step Systems
Network Support Engineer, Belleville, IL
Qualified candidates must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). And able to obtain a DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent. Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines) experience is a big plus!
– Overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, programming and evaluating various components of the network.
– Providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
– Utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional requirements in support of Defense Information Systems Network resources.
– Design and implement solutions to highly technical problems through testing, documentation, and modification of configuration data on network resources.
– Operate various types of telecommunications test equipment and bit error rate/cell test sets. (Actern/Fireberd/Digital Lightwave).
– Plan, design, and evaluate various components of the network, recommends and implements new technologies to enhance current and future network capabilities.
– Proactively manage and maintain all network assets. This may include intrusive troubleshooting of wide area networks, servers and routers, local area networks, and switches.
– May install or upgrade software and hardware.
– Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network systems, diagnosing hardware / software faults, solving technical and applications problems, over the phone, in person, or logging into the device.
– Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years overall related experience; additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
– Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent.
– Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
– Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
– Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
– Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc.) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
– Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
– ITIL certification.
– Understanding of Department of Defense, its policies, and hierarchy.
– Network Certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), Security certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, etc.)
Keywords: Belleville IL Jobs, Network Support Engineer, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, Routers, Load Balancers, DNS, Firewalls, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
Looking to hire a Network Support Engineer in Belleville, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Support Engineers for jobs in Belleville, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.