Next Step Systems
Network Engineer with Full Scope Poly from NSA, Washington DC
– Provide help in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks.
– Analyze design, specifications, and related documents.
Implement communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment.
– Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoot problems and ·recommend ·procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
– Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide support for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
– Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
– Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
– Coordinate with the system engineering and dataflow efforts to ensure proper mission operations with minimal down time.
– Facilitate the implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN and LAN design.
– Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
– Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
– Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
– Validate new and existing dataflow and data fom1ats.
– Coordinate with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and understand potential adverse impacts on system wide dataflow.
– Design, integrate, test and deploy RF communications solutions.
– Work with System Engineers and cross organizational teams to define requirements.
– Resolve complex network problems.
– Design, implement, and evaluate security systems.
– Contribute to security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
– Recommend corporate solutions to resolve security requirements.
– 12 years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university is required.
– 4 years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
– 5 years of experience with the following Network Tools: What’s Up Gold and NetFlow.
– 3 years of experience with DCID 6/3 and/or Intelligence Community Directive 503,” Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation”, dated 15 September 2008.
– 3 years of experience creating firewall rule sets from analysis of network traffic.
– 3 years of experience with component validation of security devices.
– 3 years of experience integrating boundary solutions into customer networks.
– 3 years of experience configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
– Experience with Computer Network Protection utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7 Operations.
Keywords: Washington DC Jobs, Network Engineer, What’s Up Gold, NetFlow, Security Risk Management, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Network Projection, Network Management, Network Design, Networking, Washington DC Recruiters, IT Jobs, Washington DC Recruiting
Looking to hire a Network Engineer in Washington, DC or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Engineers for jobs in Washington, DC and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.