Next Step Systems
Network Controller / Operator, Ogden, UT
Ready to Hire; Urgent Need! Qualified candidates must have an active Top Secret Security Clearance, and Active DoD Secret Clearance with SSBI and IAT Level II certification. Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines) experience is a big plus! Multiple opportunities available Ogden, UT!
– Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services. Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc.) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.
– Perform pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
– Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis.
– Perform fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
– Interface with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
– Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
– Execute all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
– Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
– Coordinate with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
– Perform operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems.
– Provide functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
– Support a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs).
– Network Controller/Operators are “mission essential” and need to be able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
– IT related experience
– Top Secret Security Clearance.
– Active DoD Secret Clearance w/SSBI.
– 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
– Working understanding of networking concepts (Cable standards, IP Addressing, Routing, Switching, VPN’s, Telecommunications, etc.).
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– CCNA/JNCIA or equivalent.
– Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena, SATCOM, and/or ATM related experience.
– Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, collaboration, security, and service provider experience.
Voice over IP (VoIP), Call Manager, Cube, Session Border Controller, PBX experience.
Department of Defense Experience.
Knowledge of following TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives.
Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system, documentation, and reporting procedures.
Ability to provide detailed verbal and written communication to contractor and government leadership as requested.
Keywords: Ogden UT Jobs, Network Controller Operator, Cable Standards, IP Addressing, Routing, Switching, VPNs, Telecommunications, CCNA, JNCIA, Cisco, VoIP, Call Manager, PBX, DoD, SLAs, ALP, Remedy, Networking, Utah Recruiters, IT Jobs, Utah Recruiting
Looking to hire a Network Controller / Operator in Ogden UT or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Network Controller / Operators for jobs in Ogden UT and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.