Ready to Hire; Urgent Need! Qualified candidates must have an active DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 Certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date. Military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines) experience is a big plus! Multiple opportunities available in Belleville, IL!
– Responsible for overall network support for customer programs including monitoring and evaluating various components of the Enterprise Network.
– Partner with engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and integrating new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
– Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for network outages or other systems issues.
– Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
– Interact with customer and/or senior leadership regarding network engineering, technical considerations, and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
– May be required to troubleshoot issues utilizing established procedures.
– This is a rotating shift position and must be available for a rotating shift.
– Verify equipment is operating within parameters of predetermined configurations and react to alarms as necessary.
– Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SONET, IP and SATCOM network issues.
– Provide SONET/SDH/IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, multiplexers, media converters, and modems.
– Utilization of diagrams, maps, cut sheets, and TSOs/SAAs/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
– Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our customer’s communications.
– High School diploma and 3+ yrs. of related experience; Associates and Bachelor’s degrees, preferred.
– Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date.
– Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
– Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
– Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
– Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, Promina, CISCO (multiplexers), Juniper, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM.
– General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
– Familiarity with the operation of trunk (bulk), MILSATCOM, and data encryption devices.
– Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
Keywords: Belleville IL Jobs, Network Analyst, Routers, Switches, Crypto Devices, Routing, Promina, Cisco, Juniper, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM, Illinois Recruiters, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.