Next Step Systems
Meditech Systems Manager, Applications Services, Chicago, IL
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
We are looking for a qualified Manager with Meditech expertise to fill a critical role. Meditech is used throughout hospital systems and your focus will be on clinical (versus non-clinical) applications. We are looking for an individual with hands-on experience with several clinical modules of Meditech. You will lead a team of 6 including individuals with nursing backgrounds who are now part of the IT group. We prefer Managers with a technical background with experience working in clinical areas versus a medical background.
You should have extensive project management experience, an understanding at a higher level of what internal medical staff members require, ability to prioritize demand of services requested by medical staff, ability to standardize and optimize clinical workflow that meet best practices for industry. Consulting experience is advantageous for this role. ITIL and ITSM (change management) knowledge is preferred. These systems use Meditech Magic currently.
Manage a team of Application Support professional staff to select, implement and support the software applications that serve the needs of the Team’s assigned customers. The team is responsible for the installation, implementation and ongoing maintenance of multiple software applications. The Manager is responsible for hiring, firing, training, development and supervision of the team’s assigned members. The Manager provides technical and operational leadership for the team, manages the portfolio of projects assigned to the team and is responsible for the results achieved by the Team. The Manager collaborates with other Application Service Managers to provide leadership to the Application Services group and collaborates with other team leaders in the Information Services Division to achieve the Division’s goals.
– Direct the activities assigned to the Manager’s team to ensure they efficiently and effectively install, implement and maintain those software applications assigned to the Team. The Manager is responsible for the Team’s productivity.
– Supervise assigned staff, setting clear expectations and measurable performance goals. Be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and disciplining assigned to the team. Perform timely performance evaluations and takes appropriate action as needed to address issues and problems and to reward successes.
– Be responsible for training, developing and mentoring assigned to help them progress through the Division’s Career Ladder according to their abilities. Be responsible for developing the skills, arranging appropriate training/education and communicating the mission, vision & values.
– Be responsible for understanding the long and short-term clinical/ operational/business needs of the customers/users the Team is assigned to support. Can articulate those needs to the customers, to the Team and to the IS Division. Understand the relationship between assigned customers and apply system-wide goals and IS strategy in assessing the IS needs of assigned customers. Develop plans and advocates on the Customer’s behalf to ensure their needs are addressed.
– Maintain excellent working relationships with the leadership of the customer areas the Team is assigned to support. Build effective bidirectional communication paths that ensure that Information Services is aware of Customer needs and initiatives and that the Customer area’s leadership is aware of Information Services needs and initiatives.
– Ensure that assigned Software Applications function correctly and are configured to address the Customer’s needs on a timely basis. Direct the timely and effective modification of existing applications, troubleshooting of problems and installation of new applications.
– Ensure that completed Team projects meet or exceed the Customer’s needs, meet or exceed the I.S. Division’s quality and safety standards and are accomplished on time and within budget.
– Utilize project management and process reengineering skills to ensure that systems implemented in a Customer’s area improve the Customer’s operations and effectiveness.
– Assign Team staff resources to projects and ensures that they work productively and effectively on assigned projects.
– Provide supervision and leadership to ensure that project teams meet their objectives and timelines. Work with Customer Leadership as needed to ensure each project’s success.
– Negotiate with other Information Services Teams for resources as needed and to coordinate and schedule tasks that affect multiple Teams.
– Maintain a strong technical understanding of the software applications assigned to the Team and their underlying hardware, operating systems and networking.
– Understand the global information technology environment and employs that understanding on a daily basis. Be responsible for continually enhancing personal understanding of information technologies and industry trends.
– Ensure that Information Services policies as well as security, technical and performance standards are appropriately implemented and continuously observed by I.S. Division and Customer staff.
– Provide leadership in I.S. Division policy & standard development.
Has the personal skills and understanding to configure applications, troubleshoot problems and develop reports, scripts and programs.
– Provide financial management for their Team and assigned projects. Be responsible for developing accurate annual operating and capital budget proposals for their cost center and assigned projects.
– Responsible for ensuring that Team and project expenditures are appropriate given the approved budget. Approves expenditures within the scope of policies and recommends approval by Supervision. Analyze budget variances and provides explanations / justifications as appropriate.
– Maintain successful working relationships with software and hardware vendors. Work with the System Director to orchestrate vendor selection and contract negotiation processes. May represent the company in discussions with external agencies.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, or information systems. Master’s degree is desirable.
– Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
– Experience with Meditech clinical modules highly desirable.
– Experience working in a hospital or other health care organization.
– Experience implementing industry best practices to drive optimized operations.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills with technical and clinical audiences.
– Excellent analytical skills.
– Exceptional organizational skills to facilitate work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
– Ability to articulate customer business problems.
– Experience with ITIL and SDLC methodologies.
– Management experience is strongly preferred.
– Experience creating, managing, and tracking budget and variance with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor or – Axiom or a similar tool preferred.
– A strong understanding of healthcare software applications.
– A strong understanding of how to implement and manage software applications in a healthcare or business environment.
– A technical understanding of information technology hardware, operating systems and networks.
– Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills and the ability to work effectively with customers, colleagues and staff.
– Excellent teamwork skills and a willingness to collaborate effectively with other Information Services Division leaders.
– Willingness to exercise the initiative necessary to identify issues and take appropriate action to address them.
– Ability to accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in developing ways to resolve issues.
– Excellent personal leadership skills to motivate and direct Team staff and project team members to meet objectives.
– Strong project management and process re-engineering skills.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Meditech Systems Manager Applications Services, Meditech, EMR, EHR, ITIL, SDLC, Kaufman Hall Budge Advisor, Axiom, Healthcare Industry, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Meditech Systems Manager Applications Services in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Meditech Systems Managers Applications Services for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC