Next Step Systems
Meditech LIS Developer (Lab), Chicago, IL
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
Apply clinical knowledge to set up, customize and support Meditech LIS to meet requirements. Build custom menus, create queries and custom reports. Maintain dictionary, configure, develop, test and validate lab data exchange interfaces.
– Conduct business process and systems analysis. Map and support the patient data flow and clinical workflow from admission to discharge to optimize workflow and efficiency.
– Understand needs and document user stories and acceptance criteria. Define system and interface features and functional and non-functional requirements.
– Rapidly develop workflow prototypes and diagrams to visualize requirements and identify solution approaches and technical options. Create effort estimates for work requests.
– Create/author/edit/maintain requirement documents, design documents, data flow diagrams, and System Run Books, and user training documentation. Create design artifacts with required functions, interfaces and detailed technical specifications, including system, sub-system, and component designs.
– Apply clinical knowledge to set up, build, configure, customize, implement, patch, upgrade, support and enhance assigned EMR modules and Ancillary Clinical Systems to meet requirements.
– Code, test, and deliver enhancements and modifications. Write clear, efficient and high quality code to develop applications, user interfaces, database design and data exchange interfaces. Build custom menus. Create queries. Maintain dictionary. Create and maintain automation processes. Code, test and deliver custom reports. Explain changes and software updates, and train users.
– Integrate EMR with Ancillary Clinical apps and other systems. Develop and test data exchange and lab interfaces.
– Coordinate change control process and testing with vendors and customers.
– Provide user support and perform system maintenance for assigned applications. Conduct problem analyses and timely and accurate resolution for issues and requests. Investigate, recommend and develop improvements to existing systems and operational methods.
– Provide on-going support including on-call support, troubleshooting, resolving issues with vendors. Isolate problem, evaluate severity, determine response priority, find and implement solutions, involve vendor as needed.
– Troubleshoot and research complex technical issues in real time with external and internal partners, product vendors, service providers and Information Services teams. Debug and fix code and solve software problems and customer issues. Perform root cause analysis (RCA) and problem resolution.
– Assist with completing chart reviews, communicate with physicians and coding specialists, analyze data, and prepare and present physician education programs to improve documentation completeness. Provide end-user training and write manuals.
– Able to quickly self-learn new technology/applications.
– Programming experience with Meditech Magic, MUMPS, Focus, or Cache required.
– Experience with Medinet/Netlab interfaces required. Sentri7 desirable.
– Complete knowledge of Calculations, Rules, Reports and instrument interfaces.
– Integration experience with Iatric software, Mobilab and HL7 required.
– Experience with Beckman/REMISOL Advance middleware for clinical laboratories connecting Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and instrumentation.
– Experience with systems diagnostic utilities is a must.
– Expertise with Data Repository (DR) schema and reporting writing with NPR, Report Designer (RD), and – Business & Clinical Analytics (BCA) required.
– Experience with flat file processing and database systems required. Knowledge of relational and network database features desirable.
– Expertise with SQL Stored Procedures, SSRS, MS Access, Excel, and Visio required.
– Experience with Meditech Greenfield, QT, REST APIs, FHIR desirable.
– Programming experience with Visual Basic, C, C++, or Java required.
– Experience with Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems.
– Scripting experience with Python, Bash or Powershell desirable.
– Jira or VersionOne, ServiceNow or SysAid.
– Understanding of hospital operations, clinical and lab workflow and clinical application support processes required.
– Minimum 4 years of EMR experience with system set up, analysis, development, configuration, build, implementation and support for clinical Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) with MEDITECH Lab, Microbiology, Blood Bank and Pathology modules.
– Programming with Meditech Magic, MUMPS, Focus, or Cache.
– Experience with systems diagnostic utilities.
– B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Medical Laboratory Science.
– ITSM ITIL certification desirable.
– Healthcare industry regulations and standards: HITRUST, HIPAA.
– Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools.
– Understandably convey complex technical ideas to people with little technical background.
– Understanding of accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR.
– Knowledge of CMS quality reporting requirements.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively share concepts and ideas. Well-developed writing skills are required.
– Able to prototype workflows and present information in a variety of formats (story boards, journey maps, charts, graphs, tables).
– Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and executing projects using iterative Agile Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with both uncertainty and ambiguity. Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
– Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
– Strong problem identification and analytical skills. Gather data, define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret technical instructions in written or diagram form. Use logic. Understand symbolism (e.g. formulas, graphs). Deal with an extensive variety of abstract and concrete variables. Able to solve complex problems.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Meditech LIS Developer (Lab), Meditech, Magic, Mumps, Focus, Cache, LIS, Laboratory Information Systems, Medinet, NetLab, Sentri7, Developer, Programmer Analyst, Programming, Healthcare, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Meditech LIS Developer (Lab) in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Meditech LIS Developers (Lab)s for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC