Manager of NextGen EMR Ambulatory Systems
Manage a team of 5 responsible for NextGen EMR/EHR clinical system deployed in clinics. The manager will lead team and interact with internal executives (Chief Medical Officer, President, Directors). The manager owns the entire relationship with the group and understands business needs, practice needs, clinical needs, quality reporting needs. You will be the go-to for the entire division of ambulatory care. You will prioritize needs, get solutions delivered, make system changes with the help of the team and support systems on a daily basis. You will interact with NextGen vendors for upgrades and support needs. You will be involved in regulatory clinical quality reporting and the submission of data. You must have NextGen experience working with a hospital or physician provider network. Prior involvement in a NextGen implementation and/or upgrade is advantageous. We are looking for someone with provider experience and not payer experience.
The NextGen EMR Ambulatory Systems Manager will be responsible for establishing strategic and tactical input regarding Ambulatory Information Technology initiatives in support of business strategies and priorities.
– Direct and guide the implementation of projects for which oversight responsibility is assigned, to ensure optimum quality design, timeliness, cost effectiveness, and supportability of implementation. As part of this, holds respective vendors accountable for exceptional performance.
– Lead efforts for Ambulatory Information Systems integration functions across all affiliates; planning, implementing, maintaining and supporting information systems and technology used to provide clinical integration between entities and provider practices. The team will implement and support provider practice management (PM), electronic medical record (EMR), interfaces, Clinical Quality Measures, Health Information Exchange (HIE) tools, Revenue Cycle Management, referral management, ePrescribing and other systems deemed appropriate to support integration with providers.
– Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change.
– In collaboration with the other IT Leaders, coordinate the work of system-wide and entity-specific initiatives related to Information Technology Solutions, as assigned, including regulatory requirements (i.e., ICD-10) and Meaningful Use.
– Accomplish human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
– Lead, motivate and retain assigned staff, while promoting teamwork on assigned projects. Serve as a role model, in the area of work ethic, values, leadership, customer service and a genuine concern for patients and the community.
– Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
– Develop and maintain effective relationships, communication and collaboration with the CIO, other IT leaders, Physician Group Leadership, and other health system leadership and staff.
– Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; coordinating hardware and software evaluations with vendors.
– Select and use appropriate report writers and other software tools to provide management information to system users and hospital management personnel.
Serve on committees and task forces as directed.
– Establish and maintain required documentation for IS applications and procedures. Document current and proposed information systems flow, and procedures as required.
– Implement interfaces between hospital information systems, provider practice electronic medical records (EMR), utilizing a variety of platforms and tools.
– Develop and administer user training programs for information systems module users and cross-train other analysts for future support and implementations.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Care Administration or health care related field required or an equivalent amount of related experience and education obtained that demonstrated the necessary skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
– Experience with implementing NextGen EMR Systems is required.
– At least 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in planning and managing project implementation, and support of information systems within a health system, with at least 5 years of direct experience in leading and managing Ambulatory Information Systems.
– Proven analytical ability required to resolve problems and provide technical support, conduct on-going and post-implementation audits, participate in new product evaluations, and identify expenses for general system requirements.
– Ability to present design concepts and system functions in an understandable, logical and concise manner.
– Proven ability to coordinate and lead projects through completion.
– Demonstrated Vendor management experience.
– Report writing ability.
– Demonstrated project management skills to participate in multiple complex projects simultaneously.
– Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct project meetings with all levels of the organization.
– Experience in and an understanding of the ambulatory provider setting; demonstrated ability to work with physician practices and their staff.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Manager of NextGen EMR Ambulatory Systems, NextGen EMR, Healthcare Systems, Technical Support, Meditech, Vendor Management, Report Writing, Project Management, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.