Manager, IT Service Desk Transformation
In search of a transformation leader to modernize help desk and implement self-service systems (i.e. AI Chat), implement knowledge search articles, and bring the system’s help desk to a standardized level. This is not a Help Desk Manager position. You will automate help desk system and upgrade to cloud based system. You must be metrics oriented. This position does not require healthcare industry experience; prefer individuals outside of the industry. SharePoint experience is preferred. You will add SharePoint Developers to team in the near future.
The IT Service Desk Manager directs and manages the design, development and implementation of an enterprise-wide services desk. This individual is responsible for ensuring the successful ongoing operation of the enterprise service desk, including incident management and reporting, adherence to SLA’s, interfacing with management across all levels, setting outstanding customer service expectation, timely field communication, root-cause analysis, performance and process improvement and frequent statistical performance monitoring and reporting.
The IT Service Desk Manager must be an excellent communicator, leader, and decision maker, coordinator of critical issues and driver of solutions who excels in a fast-paced environment and provides unparalleled support to the end user base.
– Manage daily operations of 24/7 IT Service Desk. Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.). Manage Service Desk communications, scheduling, including after-hours support and on-call schedules. Act as an escalation point for after-hours and on-call issues.
– Define, create, and implement Service Desk processes for IT and Application Support. Streamline, standardize and automate support processes. Map, document, analyze, review, publish and eliminate non-productive steps to optimize value streams.
– Drive Omni-channel interface capabilities to ensure that customers can interact with service desk via multiple options based on their need and convenience.
– Implement ITIL Service Catalog, incident and problem management processes and tools.
– Develop and implement policies, procedures (SOPs), processes and workflows, templates, and expectations to ensure consistency, repeatability, and sustained productivity. Ensure all operational processes and procedures are clearly documented and maintained.
– Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution and escalation policies and procedures, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
– Implement self-service features. Create and implement adaptive, intelligent forms to interact with users, gather problem information, automate ticket routing, and issue resolution.
– Efficient, automated routing of calls and tickets to appropriate support group. Design, set up and optimize IVR options, ACD and scripting for call distribution.
– Implement rapid response communication channels and queues for handling high priority requests from physicians, nurses and executives.
– Implement AI based Chabot and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
– Create, manage and continuously improve knowledge base articles.
– Create and maintain up-to-date primary and secondary contact list of caregivers and vendors for Level 2 and 3 expert support and timely management escalation.
– Act as a liaison between the customer, subject matter experts, and help desk staff to bridge gaps and achieve positive measurable outcomes.
– Review Service Desk and product incident tickets for content accuracy, completeness, proper routing, first call resolution, problem detection, and timely closure.
– Measure, monitor, track, benchmark and analyze trends in Service Desk requests, process KPIs, staff effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Review, analyze and report Service Desk metrics, ticket aging, throughput, productivity, and trends on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis for various categories. Identify improvement and automation opportunities to improve quality of service and reduce cost.
– Relentlessly improve customer service KPIs, continuously train staff Service Desk on support processes, and optimize efficiency. Ensure end to end ownership of reported issues and drive to satisfactory resolution of customer issues, not just closing the tickets.
– Achieve SLA metrics through daily management, one-on-ones, and consistent communication. Monitor team metrics and address any bottlenecks/issues with ticket resolution.
– Set up, manage, maintain, patch and upgrade IT service management solution (Said or equivalent).
Employ troubleshooting techniques to replicate and analyze issues and timely identify and communicate the root causes. Coordinate and track timely remediation of root causes.
– Lead and manage production incident management, change management and disaster recovery processes. Provide ongoing monitoring of IT production systems including identification, resolution, and escalation to proper individuals. Send mass communications to customers as necessary regarding major IT issues/events and maintenance/downtime. Take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders, and post incident review.
– Prepare, manage and support multiple concurrent integrated enterprise system software, hardware, and content implementation plans. Train Service Desk staff ahead of the production go-live of projects and major changes.
– Foster a continuous improvement mindset focused in pursuit of operationally excellent processes through standardization and automation best practices.
– Ensure IT governance, audit and compliance requirements are met.
– Bachelor of Science degree required in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Statistics, or closely related field from an accredited university.
– Master degree in Business Administration (MBA), Healthcare (MHA) or a technical field related to the position strongly preferred from a reputed university.
– Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification.
– Certifications in ITSM ITIL, Lean, Six Sigma.
– PMI PMP, Agile Scrum or Kanban.
– Understanding of call center technologies, including Telephony, ACD, CTI, KM, WFM, QAM and others.
– Versed with Service Desk Tools (Service Now, Said, etc.) to support automated Service Desk and Service Desk activities.
– User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists.
– VPN and remote access portal, and two factor authentication.
– Support for laptop, desktops, printers, Windows 10, MAC, BYOD, MDM, end user devices, Android, iOS, etc.
– Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bombard, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools.
– MS Office Suite: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio.
– Internet browsers. e.g., Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
– Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like WinZip, etc.
– Understands Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and how it is used to patch Windows desktop systems, update/upgrade operating systems/applications and maintain antivirus measures compliance.
– Jira, Version One.
– Experienced with establishing staff schedules in a 24/7 operation.
– Experience monitoring and managing Service Desk queues in a diverse environment including, phone, web, and agent alert ticket initiation.
– Experience with value stream mapping and workflow optimization required.
– Proven Problem Determination/Problem Solution Identification (PD/PSI) best practices.
– Versed with generating various statistical reports, as well as analyzing information and implementing process improvements, including ACD monitoring and reports.
– Ability to manage high severity issues and facilitate meetings.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Understands budgeting, budget forecasting including tracking variances and managing budgets within a narrow error margin.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Manager, IT Service Desk Transformation, AI Chat, Search Articles, Cloud, SharePoint, Capex, Opex, Lean Six Sigma, SDLC, ITIL, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, PMI PMBOK, Management, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.