Next Step Systems
Linux Systems Administrator, TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly, Annapolis Junction, MD
– Maintain the HPC systems availability to the customer, but also create and document site procedures, system diagrams, and other configuration or support documents.
– Maintain system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades.
– Solve system hardware, software, and third-party software issues, and provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution.
– Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
– Provide solutions and implement repair or workarounds when possible, fully documenting steps taken when required.
– Manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required.
– Answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases, and third-party applications.
– US Citizen, TS/SCI Security Clearance with Full Scope Poly.
– Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
– 10+ years of HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale High Performance Computing and parallel file system administration and support.
– Strong collaboration skills; works well on a team.
– Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
– Flexible, proactive, ability to work with minimal direction in an open and fast-paced environment.
– Experience with configuration management tools.
– Security+ or CISSP certification.
– Understanding of technology areas such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
– Strong analytical skills demonstrating the ability to define, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make logical recommendations.
– Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
– Demonstrated experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, network support, etc. related to computer hardware and software; and providing assistance to users.
– Strong knowledge of server virtualization product (VMware, OpenStack).
– Ability to apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
– Strong knowledge of Information Technology Service Management, ITIL preferably.
– Experience working in customer environment.
– Ability to conduct on-the-job training.
– Experience writing and troubleshooting scripts.
– ServiceNow, SolarWinds, Splunk experience.
– Basic knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
– Working knowledge of at least one scripting language.
Keywords: Annapolis Junction MD Jobs, Linux Systems Administrator, Linux, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, Windows, VMware, OpenStack, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a Linux Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Linux Systems Administrators for jobs in Annapolis Junction, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.