Next Step Systems
Linux High Performance Computing System Administrator, TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly, Annapolis Junction, MD
We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to provide system management, daily monitoring and optimization. You will provide technical leadership and execution, and support mission-critical customers, providing pre-installation configuration, on-site integration, administration, and customer enablement of computing solutions. This position requires a current, active US Federal TS/SCI with full scope polygraph clearance. US Citizenship required.
– Work as an active member of the account team, interacting with the Service Delivery Manager, Sales, the customer, and site staff.
– Answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases, and third-party applications.
– Maintain the Linux system availability to the customer, but also create and document site procedures, system diagrams, and other configuration or support documents.
– Maintain system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades.
– Solve system hardware, software, and third-party software issues, and provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution.
– Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
– Implement solutions, repairs and workarounds, fully documenting steps taken when required.
– Document and share troubleshooting techniques, new ideas, and utilities to help develop and grow organizational knowledge.
– Manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area of study or equivalent work experience.
– 10+ years of HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC and parallel file system administration and support.
– TS/SCI with full scope polygraph clearance required.
– Linux operating systems (RHEL or SLES), workload management systems, parallel file systems, networking and security.
– Technical skills to investigate and resolve complex problems.
– Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, etc.) preferred.
– Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation; will perform software builds, software upgrades, and patch installation as needed.
– Possess the organizational and analytical skills needed to effectively isolate both hardware and software problems and drive solutions through to conclusion.
– Able to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus toward mentoring and knowledge sharing.
Keywords: Annapolis Junction MD Jobs, Linux High Performance Computing System Administrator, Linux, RHEL, SLES, Networking, Security, Scripting, Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, HPC, High Performance Computing, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a Linux High Performance Computing System Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Linux High Performance Computing System Administrators for jobs in Annapolis Junction, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.