Next Step Systems
Linux Administrator – Work From Home
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Linux Administrator to join a growing IT team. Company culture emphasizes teamwork and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. This is a 100% Remote opportunity.
The ideal Linux Administrator will have strong interest in the financial industry with a career focus on Linux design, implementation and support. The Linux Administrator will be added to an existing IT team where they will interact with all IT functional areas (e.g., architecture, design, network engineering, help desk, application development and support). The successful Linux Administrator must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking and be comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment.
– Assist in designing, implementing and supporting a 24/7 Linux trading environment.
– Linux deployment, administration, and monitoring.
– Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
– On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university (or in-progress) in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field.
– Knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Debian and/or RedHat) architecture; deployment, administration and networking is required.
– Experience with packet sniffing applications (tcpdump, wireshark, netmon, etc.) is required.
– General TCP/IP and multicast knowledge is required.
– Strong GPA (3.5 or higher).
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
– Must be able to thoroughly document implementations and changes to the environment.
– Highly organized and self-motivated.
– Able to work independently as well as being a team player.
– Experience with Python and Bash scripting.
– Basic Linux troubleshooting experience.
– Solid work ethic, initiative and great customer service skills.
– Strong interest in the latest technology, hardware and trends.
– Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
– Experience with Linux automation toolsets, e.g., Ansible.
– Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g., VMWare, Virtualbox, KVM.
– Experience with source code control and bug tracking systems.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Linux Administrator, Linux, CentOS, Debian, RedHat, TCPdump, WireShark, NetMon, TCP/IP, Multicast, Multicasting, Python, Bash, Scripting, Trading, Financial, Networking, Network, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire a Linux Administrator in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Linux Administrators for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.