Next Step Systems
Lead Software Development Engineer – Work From Home
We are looking for a talented engineering lead who is passionate about technology to join a globally distributed team and help develop industry advancing solutions and capabilities for internal and external customers. To be successful in this role, you will need a solid foundation in server-side Java programming, a full understanding of web technology stacks, experience designing and describing complex software systems, and a drive to tackle new challenges head-on. This is your chance to help build and work on a team of experienced and talented individuals, participate in a fun and engaging workplace culture, and have your work seen and used by many. This role is Remote.
– Design and develop solutions to complex business problems to build highly maintainable, scalable, and reliable B2B platforms.
– Understand business domain and work with business process owners to develop long and short term technical vision.
– Design/code applications following specifications using the appropriate tools using SDLC/Agile methodology.
– Maintain and modify existing applications without supervision as well as under direction from senior staff members.
– Ensure architectural consistency across multiple solutions; assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for solutions.
– Establish and drive best practices in software engineering including coding standards, review the code and provide comments.
– Manage the delivery to the both the functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
– Act as a mentor and coach to a team of high-performing engineers including formal/informal training, hackathons, etc.
– Act as the escalation point for the development and QA team for technical or design issues.
– Continue to research and adopt new technologies to evolve our products.
– Ability to work with onsite and offshore technical teams and architects on solutions and applications.
– Lead development and adoption of automated test suites.
– Document the High Level Design and Low Level Design documents with Data/Process Flow Diagrams.
– 8-10 years of relevant experience designing and implementing outstanding custom J2EE/Java applications, SQL and PL/SQL.
– 1-3 years of cloud deployments and DevOps experience.
– 1-3 years of experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Angular, etc.).
– Excellent communication skills and proven ability to take a team lead position.
– Industry certifications in relevant domain areas is a plus.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree preferred.
– Possess knowledge of industry best practices and good software architecture.
– An understanding of current trends in web and mobile development.
– Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
– Authorized to work in US without any Visa sponsorship requirement from the employer.
– Strong knowledge and experience with server-side Java applications.
– Understanding of dynamic web development using Java.
– Hands-on skills with the following technologies: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda), Docker, one or more central logging systems and Application Monitoring tools.
– Proficient at implementing complex business logic requirements for large-scale business applications. i.e., high volume, complex calculations, and (or) high availability (24/7).
– Familiar with standards such as WSDL, SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, SFTP, HTTP are must.
– Understanding of Eclipse development environment.
– Knowledge of Java Programming, Spring framework.
– Database Programming using SQL/PL/SQL,/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle.
– Drive the use of testing and optimization tools for the Integration Systems.
Keywords: Jersey City NJ Jobs, Lead Software Development Engineer, Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, DevOps, Cloud, React, Angular, Jenkins, Web Development, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Programmer Analyst, Programming, New Jersey Recruiters, IT Jobs, New Jersey Recruiting
Looking to hire an Lead Software Development Engineer in Jersey City, NJ or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Lead Software Development Engineers for jobs in Jersey City, New Jersey and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.