Next Step Systems
Lead Security Engineer, Chicago, IL
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
The Lead Security Engineer plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization’s security strategy, architecture and practices. The Lead Security Engineer will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
8+ years direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of:
– Managing security infrastructure, e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs)
– Web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology
– Healthcare experience.
– Vulnerability management tools
– Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure
– Operating systems: Windows, Unix and Linux
– IP networks: WAN and LAN
– Storage networks: Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS
– Backup networks and media.
Direct experience designing IAM technologies and services:
– Active Directory
– Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
– Strong working knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL related disciplines)
– Change management
– Configuration management
– Asset management
– Incident management
– Problem management
– Strategic planning skills: Must interpret business, technology and threat drivers, and develop practical security roadmaps to deal with these drivers.
– Communication skills: Translate complex security-related matters into business terms that are readily understood by colleagues. Experience presenting analyses in person and in written formats.
– Project management: Solid project management skills. Experience drafting project plans for security service and technology deployments and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
– ISC2’s CISSP
– Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
– NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Lead Security Engineer, Security infrastructure, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Vulnerability, LAN/WAN, Storage Networks, Fibre Channel, NAS, Active Directory, Healthcare, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Lead Security Engineer in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Lead Security Engineers for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC