Lead Security Engineer
The Lead Security Engineer plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization’s security strategy, architecture and practices. The Lead Security Engineer will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
8+ years direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of:
– Managing security infrastructure, e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs)
– Web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology
– Vulnerability management tools
– Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure
– Operating systems: Windows, Unix and Linux
– IP networks: WAN and LAN
– Storage networks: Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS
– Backup networks and media.
Direct experience designing IAM technologies and services:
– Active Directory
– Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
– Strong working knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL related disciplines)
– Change management
– Configuration management
– Asset management
– Incident management
– Problem management
– Strategic planning skills: Must interpret business, technology and threat drivers, and develop practical security roadmaps to deal with these drivers.
– Communication skills: Translate complex security-related matters into business terms that are readily understood by colleagues. Experience presenting analyses in person and in written formats.
– Project management: Solid project management skills. Experience drafting project plans for security service and technology deployments and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
– ISC2’s CISSP
– Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
– NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Lead Security Engineer, Security infrastructure, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Vulnerability, LAN/WAN, Storage Networks, Fibre Channel, NAS, Active Directory, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.